DINO SOURCES. Where to find it, who to ask. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

DINO SOURCES. Where to find it, who to ask.

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, May 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari4seater

Feb 1, 2007
    Can anyone recommend a good shop that can rebuild a wiper motor... Thanks

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Do you care what part of the world you send it to? Where are you located?

3. Traven

Traven Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    Restoring a 1972 US-model and wondering where to find exhaust manifold and system with the heatshield wrap in the same style as the original ANSA?

4. Escapist

Escapist Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Bangkok, Cotswolds, Sitges, Dordogne
    Full Name:
    Paul

Very helpful!

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

probably should do an update. There are more sources now, and some have gone away or become unreliable.

D

6. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  7. Seabee46

Seabee46 Rookie

Sep 24, 2013
    Bought a whole set of tires from Coker in Long Beach. New dates in stock.

8. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Couldn't agree more...have bought different sets (Mich XWX, ZX and Pirelli Cinturato) for (3) different cars and price was the best, hands down...and I'm about as far away from them as you can get.

synchro likes this.
  9. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Thank You Mr HMB-Dino Looking at your car collection it seems you have bought exactly the right tyres.

6.40R13 ZX for the 190SL

XWX for the Dino

185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato for the 507 (i love a BMW 507)

The DB4 (I love a DB4 more than a DB5) would have fitted either 600H16 Avon TurboSpeed as a standard crossply. or they could have fitted the 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato if you asked for radial, because it was the best and Avon weren't making a radial tyre at the time. They do now make a 185VR16 Avon, but it is a wholey modern tyre and completely the wrong shape and size (the later DB4 did fit 15" wheels though)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

as an anorak i took this line up photograph, which is an interesting example of how different tyres can be even though they have the same tyre dimension written on them. They are clearly actually a completely different shape

frankwissman likes this.
  10. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    BMW fitted Michelin Pilote X 6.00R16 to the 507 during its complete restoration. I acquired the Cinturato's for the DB4 (Series II) because I wanted a period correct radial rather than a crossply.

11. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    The 600WR16 Pilote X are great tyres https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/600-16/600wr16-michelin-pilot-x.html very high performance, semi track tyre. designed to look reminicent of the Englebert racing tyre of the '40s and '50s.

I do think a BMW 507 left the factory fitted with 185VR16 Cinturato.

It is a win win situation. they are both great.

What is also interesting is that Pirelli have now made a high performance crossply tyre. https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/600-16/600-16-pirelli-stella-bianca.html which might be interesting if you are considering crossply on the DB4 when you have worn out the Cinturato.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    My info cannot confirm that the Cinturato ever left the factory on a 507. I do know that BMW Classic fits all their restored 507's with 600WR16 Michelin Pilote X. I'm sure many owners have fitted the Cinturato to their 507 as they are significantly cheaper than the Pilote X (as you obviously would know).

13. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I am pretty sure the 5007 fitted 185VR16 Cinturato https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/185-16.html . However if i am frank i am basing that on what i have been told.

I'm guessing that BMW Classic don't know you can get the Cinturato again.

Don't get me wrong, the Michelin Pilote X https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/185-16/600wr16-michelin-pilot-x.html is an ace tyre, but it isn't genuine period. However it does have a W speed rating. Of the tyres we sell in this size, the Cinturato and Pilote X are the tyres we get excellent reports on. I had a chap in just today, taking a set of Vredesteins off his XK120 because he had driven a similar car on the Pilote X and wanted his car to drive like that.

It is a good situation to be in. There is a choice of 2 absolutely top notch tyres in what is effectually an obsolete tyres size.

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sorry if this is old news
    Mr Fiat [ $1895 ] and Dino parts [ 1153 euro ] sell 246 rear screens now in glass, they claim to oem spec.

Please can you tell me how much, would a Ferrari oem new old stock unused one be worth?
    A friend has one, he has someone who wants it just wants to know a fair price, if you can help that would be great.

15. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn

I have an off the wall question; As the original owner of 07912 I find I retained the factory paint can that came with it. It was double wrapped in plastic bags so it seems to still be close to full. I have no idea where 07912 is today but I would like to offer it to the current owner. Is there any way I can find that person?
    Thanks

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Last thing I can find was sold at auction by Christie's in 2000, I'd start there if you really want to dig.

You're not the first person here who has tried to find this car . .

D

17. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn
    Thank you for the reply.
    My interest in Dinos (most user friendly of the six I have owned!) has had me following most sales.
    I was afraid it had gone to cover. Probably in someone's collection not to be seen again until an estate auction.
    In the early years we tracked all the serial numbers.
    I do wonder why others were looking for it?
    Thanks again.
    PS My 458 Italia was bought because its concept/styling was similar.

18. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    I am looking for the small screw driver that goes in my tool kit - 74 GTS

I tried a few of the links and they were dead - ideas ?

thanks

19. HansJepsen

HansJepsen Rookie

Feb 14, 2016
    Ribe, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Hans Kristian Jepsen
    07912 GTS was auctioned by Gooding & Co, Amelia Island 4/3/2022 and sold for US$ 428.500

20. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn
    Thanks, somehow I did miss it!

21. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn
    If anyone knows the buyer of 07912 I would appreciate any contact information.
    Thanks

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Mr. K. in North Carolina.

Marcel Massini

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  23. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006