Skyscraper Chicago | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Skyscraper Chicago

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by F1tommy, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Holy cow, what a change!

I wish I could come back to Chicago in 100 years and look at the city and see which parts I'd still recognize. City is growing by leaps and bounds. Unreal.

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I would say in 20 years it will look quite different. Add these 2, both of wich have a very good chance of happening and the skyline will look even more amazing. The One Chicago Square project(closest) will start this month, so that's a sure thing. The 1500 foot Tribune Tower (middle)also has a good chance depending on the financial markets over the next year or two.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

So 2 Gang buildings in that pic... nice. She does great work.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I used to think real estate prices could only go up given the beauty of the city but I'm no longer sure: There seems to be an endless supply of new buildings and apartments for those looking for a space.

BTW: Not complaining, just stating or wondering.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #605 F1tommy, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    I think Chicago is much more realistically priced than downtown NYC as there are less foreign investors driving prices up as much. I am pretty sure sooner of later that foreign investment trend will hurt NY as they have over built high end towers in my opinion trying to supply a market that will atleast shrink if not dry up in a few short years. I armchair predicted the 2008 housing collapse and no one believed me. What goes up will sooner or later come down, adjusted for inflation ofcourse. Same goes for collectibles, including high priced cars. Anyone who does not believe that will loose a lot of money over the next few years!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I love watching "Selling NY" (as well as "Selling LA") and see there what you mean. Endless supply of super rich buyers and an equally endless supply of greedy sellers who aren't happy with making "just" one million in the sale. It's unreal.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Another building to start construction this summer.....

"The developers of a planned 47-story condo tower called Cirrus across Lake Shore Drive from DuSable Harbor will launch sales this week.

The 363 condos at the glassy tower called Cirrus range from the mid-$400,000s to over $4 million, according to Tom Weeks, executive general manager for Lendlease in Chicago, which is developing it with partner Magellan Development.

Cirrus is one of three towers planned for a site at the far eastern edge of the 28-acre Lakeshore East neighborhood. The developers plan to start construction on two of them, Cirrus and a 40-story, 503-apartment tower called Cascade, this summer, according to Tom Weeks, Weeks said. "

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/residential-real-estate/sales-launch-planned-lakeshore-east-condo-building-harbor-view

Also this big project study for south of Roosevelt Road. This could be huge and would cover the tracks west of Da Bears field.....

https://www.chicagolandchamber.org/Portals/0/Chamber-Files/ONECentralImpact4.16.19.pdf

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Building under construction in Chicago over 100- meters with more coming later this year. Kind of funny that there are more tall under construction buildings right now in Chicago than there are tall buildings in any other city in the USA outside of the great NYC.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wow!

10. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

I would think that is almost always be true... what other city in the US would beat Chicago????

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Tallest building south of Roosevelt Road, NEMA at 896 ft almost completed. Looks like a smaller white Sears tower. Notice how wide it is compared to a lot of the super thin NYC towers.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Chicago Vista showing topped out along with the rest of the city south of the Chicago River and north of Roosevelt Road. About 40 % of downtown..

13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #615 F1tommy, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019

Attached Files:

15. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

[​IMG]

The Reliance Building...Charles Atwood Architect.
    The first 'skyscraper' with mostly glass exterior walls.

F1tommy likes this.
  16. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Great buildings!

The 'EL' kind of ruins the 'streetscape'... but I guess it's been there for a long time.... 100+ years...

17. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Chicago 3D guy did a nice video of Chicago showing what it will look like in a few years after a couple of projects are completed.

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks for posting all the beautiful Chicago pics. Wife and I went last July and were blown away by the architecture and the city’s penchant for tall buildings. River and bus tours, L rides, tons of walking, and cycling along Lakeshore.

Never realized I had a fear of heights until I went out into one of Sear’s Towers sky boxes!

Next trip will be going to Adler Planetarium (yeah, I’m an astro geek) among other places.

tifosi12 likes this.