Where do I start? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Adam Benalt, Mar 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Great advice in this thread. It took me three + years to find my '88 3.2 Cab, bought it out of Tim Stanford's shop in Ft. Lauderdale from a very caring owner. While I was looking for the right car, I read everything I could about the Mondials, 308's and 328's on this forum and I joined two years before I started my search. (They share the same engine and drivetrain as a Mondial 8, QV and 3.2)

I showed up with a checklist and went through the car with Tim and the owner.

While I was on a test drive with Tim he said, "This is the point where I usually tell someone 'You probably shouldn't buy this car,' but I am telling you to buy this car, it's perfect and well maintained, you don't have to do anything to it until it needs a belt change in a few years.'" SOLD!

Four years later and I am still smiling!

I got the original wheels with new tires too. Make sure you get the owner's manuals, tool kit, emergency light and jack/roadside kit and that they are complete and correct for your car, if not plan to spend some $ to complete the package. The price of a single Ferrari screwdriver or wrench/spanner, or other missing bits will make you cry!
    Alden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Adam Benalt likes this.
  2. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Man thats a pretty picture! My Mondial is the same wheels but black leather. Beautiful!

3. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Hi Adam - have recently listed my 1989 t coupe - if you have any interest, you can PM me - Thanks! Jack

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Worlds apart from a 3.2 QV Cabriolet. ;)

Btw, it only costs $15 to list here on FerrariChat.

jackson likes this.
  5. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Thanks Wade! Will check that out - would be great to have her go to another F-Chatter