Directionals quit advice needed | FerrariChat

Directionals quit advice needed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1cerberus4u, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    So, finally took my 458 out from winter storage and among other issues in other threads, the directionals are not working....both left and right and both short and long... press either button and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Is there a fuse specifically for directionals or if I disconnect the battery and Reset it will that help?

Thanks!

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    My F12 did the same thing (but mine would work then not work, then work again). Right this moment they (Dealer) are replacing the Electronics board which is in the steering wheel (500-600 USD). There is no fuse, but these boards have issues on a few cars. I have a thread on it if you search on my name - also gives the part number (for the F12). No fuse, have to replace the NVO board...

3. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    LOL, lets hope not! Thanks and I will check your thread....

4. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Mine worked perfectly until I decided to change my battery due to its age. When I got the car back the turn signals were not working. It cost me $1700 to fix not to mention the $900 for the $200 battery.

5. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Well, I had an epiphany thought just now.... So... last time I drove the car, I brought it to the dealer to have the air bag warrantee swap out..... any thoughts or chance the dealer could have either not plugged something in?

6. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    I had the same thought when my battery replaced.

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    They are actually doing my Airbag now, and installing the new NVO board at the same time. It could be related, I would ask them. I think these control boards are pretty sensitive.

PS. Not that I like doing this, but I actually ordered my own board to replace, got it new OEM from a US vendor (Scuderiacarparts) for considerably less than what the dealers charge. I was going to do it myself which was my original intent, but since they had to do the airbag anyway, thought it would save me time and have them do it. I will of course pay labor, but should be less, since they have to take the airbag out, and it sits directly underneath it.