Testarossa with a quicksilver exhaust | FerrariChat

Testarossa with a quicksilver exhaust

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jpanz, Feb 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    does anyone have any actual experience with a testarossa with test pipes and a quicksilver exhaust???

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    You might need to better explain what exhaust configuration you are considering:

Headers + intact precats + cat test pipes + quicksilver silencer

or

Headers + aftermarket or stock precat test pipes (or evacuated precats) + cat test pipes + quicksilver silencer

Don't have any direct quicksilver experience, but IME for similar configurations, the first is much more muted than the second, and would far outweigh any difference in silencer manufacturuer (so reports of the "sound" vary a bunch).

3. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    your first example!

4. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I had full stock exhaust. I took out cats and replaced with Fab speed test pipes. The sound was a significant improvement. I still have the stock pre cats and mufflers. I would like to get a little more sound in the higher rpm range. Tubi seems so expensive, the example on YouTube of the quicksilver on a Testarossa is pretty impressive. I believe there is example is the quicksilver with no cats ( it doesn't say if precats are missing) The cost is significantly cheaper than Tubi, Capristo or the others. When I searched Quicksilver in Testarossa I was surprised to only find one thread and it turned out to be a mistake in the title. I spoke to classic coach briefly today in NJ. They said they use their exhausts all the time in the older cars.

Wondering why no discussion on here regarding Quicksilver when there are endless exhaust discussions?

5. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I replied without using the "post reply" sorry see my other statements

6. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have tubi cat deletes and a Tubi muffler that I have been meaning to install, but have been cheating on my car working on another project. I think I will install the cat delete pipes 1st and see how they sound and see what difference if any it makes then maybe do the muffler change over. We will see how that plan works out. These things sometimes go their own way.
    Thanks Mark Seifert

jpanz likes this.
  7. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John

It made a big difference to remove the main cats alone. Its definitely much louder although I still wouldn't call it Loud, and you get a little of that backfire grumble as the rpms comedown. Everything stock was really quiet even downright disappointing!

8. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree and will hold on the the original stuff of course. I would probably put it back together if I ever sold the car. I actually just did something similar.........cat delete and muffler delete .........to a 98 Lotus Esprit v8 twin turbo and it sounds....great.

jpanz and turbo-joe like this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    on my koenig competition there are also only 2 turbos and and open tubes - nothing more - and sounds - soo....o great :) :) :)
    up to about 3000 rpm not even so noisy, but then. W O W and also the singing of the turbos - best music :)

Elberoth and jpanz like this.
  10. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John

Can we get a sound clip of that? I would love to hear that!!!! Has anyone else just straight piped it out from the test pipes back? I was wondering what that would cost for a muffler shop to do? And how loud??

11. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Hard to believe no one has a quicksilver on a Testarossa!

12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Quick Silver headers and muffler on my Countach :) Hyperflow and Xost on the TR......Highly recommended

vincenzo and jpanz like this.
  14. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
  15. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I see a lot of bashing going on in some other forums I check into so I'm typically a little hesitant to fill a lot of stuff out. I see your point though. Its nice to have an idea who you are talking to.

I spoke to Quicksilver
    They have 3 exhausts for Testarossa
    1.Sport
    2.Supersport
    3. Supersport Plus

Sport is a little sound, the second is much more aggressive, 3rd is basically straight piped out the back!!!! My car is in for an engine out right now, so Im contemplating doing the exhaust now as the labor will be a bit cheaper since the other exhaust is already off!

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you john :)

I don´t know anything about those quicksilver exhausts. sorry.
    because here in germany all what is not licensed with a TUEV sign is nearly not legal and the fines are high. and when you have not good connection to the TUEV you never get those pipes writtwen in your papers.
    I would not take the supersport plus - too loud I think. and when you go long distance you don´t like anymore after a while because of the nice music from the back. you also can not hear all time deep purple with full power. for race track those may be good

you had a look/hear at youtube?

17. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't typically take the car on long journeys. I do like to drive the car a lot so I like to do 30-40 mile rides. Enough distance to get warmed up and than some spirited driving on nice country roads with a lot of curves and turns. I find it fairly boring to drive on the highway. Seems like a waste of mileage! I want to love every mile!! That is just my opinion anyway. So I don't mind the car being loud!! I think your right "super sport plus" is too loud for sure.
    It would be great if the guys from Quicksilver jumped in here and added their input for everyone to read as it seems they are not well represented on this forum related to a Testarossa.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got tubi precat, cat delete, ansa and it’s perfect as is. Not too familiar with quick exhaust but u can get a tubi for 3k so how wonder how much of a savings quicksilver is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I have a no-muffler exhaust plus secondary cat delete from them on my Lamborghini Diablo Roadster. Good sound, not much resonance which is important to me.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Eurospares.co.uk

They deliver in the usa got tons of stuff from them. Dont buy tubi here; dealers double the price on ur hard earned money;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok for anyone interested I elected to go with the quicksilver super sport exhaust! It was a little cheaper than the tubi and I guess I wanted something a little different that everyone else didn't have. When its ready I will try to post a video or audio clip, being that no one really seems to have this set up on a Testarossa. I cant imagine it would sound bad!

23. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You know what the bikers say......."Loud pipes save lives!" I sure it will sound great.

jpanz likes this.
  24. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    How did it turn out? Any sound clips?

25. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Stumbled upon my own thread from a year ago and figured I would finish the story. So I had the quicksilver which was a little too mild for my personal taste, it was a step above stock and nice but I wanted a lot more. I was considering a Capristo or even maybe a Kresissieg but price was astronomical for Kreissieg. I was also searching for Precat testpipes and found that Tubi is now making them. Therefore, I went with Tubi (Competition only version=Loud)and the precat test pipes to add to my already Fabspeed main cat test pipes.

The result is insane! Within the car you know its very loud but it doesn't seem to bother my ears in any way even after driving a while. If your behind the car or out side its extremely loud. Its the right kind of loud though. Not like open headers on a V8 or anything. It feels like I'm driving an entirely different car. I have tried to capture the sound on video but no matter how I film it just doesnt do it any justice. To say I'm happy with it is an understatement!