Dash lights | FerrariChat

Dash lights

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddiggler, May 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddiggler

ddiggler Karting

Nov 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    doug nelson
    Well hello to everyone again. The oil change went well. Thank you again for all the positive input. Have another dilemma. Took the 86 Mondial out last night for a drive and found out that my instrument panel lights along with the side marker lights and driving lights weren't working. The fuse is good. I found in the manual that there is a relay for "outer lights". The parking lights work which is supposedly on that same fuse. Any thoughts? Thanks. Doug.

2. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I had a very similar issue and found that it was a blown fuse. Consider doubling back to make sure you’re checking the right fuse slot.

3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    The switch grounds everything. If that ground isn't working, the entire system is out even with a working fuse.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Are you saying:

1. the headlight pods do come up (if asked to do so), but the side marker lights don't work, or

2. The side marker lights don't work, and the headlight pods do not come up (if asked to do so)?

5. ddiggler

ddiggler Karting

Nov 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    doug nelson
    The headlights pop up and work. Tail lights and parking lights work. The driving lights, side marker lights, license plate lights and instrument panel lights don work. When I turn the switch on for the lights the parking light warning lamp on the dash also lights up.

6. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    #6 afterburner, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    On Euro car, the fuse 17 is linked to the low beams/ip/cc/console/lower tail/plate/front fog lights. The current is controlled via the big K relay pin 85 (ground connection via the light switch)

7. ddiggler

ddiggler Karting

Nov 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    doug nelson
    I will check that one in the morning. Now that you mentioned it the center console lights aren't working either. The low and high beams do work though. It definitely has me stumped. Hope I don't need a new fuse box. Thanks, Doug.

8. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    What about the hazard light stand-by and HVAC push buttons illumination?

9. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    I had the same problem. It was a burned track on the fuse panel, the one between fuse 17 and terminal 3 J (j is one of the white connectors at the lower left corner of the fuse panel, but I can't remember if it is the upper or the lower. Look for two wires coming out, pink and a smaller pink and yellow. I think the numbers are from the right to left. See the pink lines showing the relevant wires on the attached clip of a marked up wiring diagram (I can send if you wish--PM me.)

For me it was either replace the panel or jumper over the damaged track, which is what I did. It is very difficult to get a multimeter on the male connector that comes out of the fuse panel that the white connector goes to and test it, but not that hard to take off the connector and see if the lights work when you feed power to them. Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. ddiggler

ddiggler Karting

Nov 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    doug nelson
    I get lost pretty easily when it comes to reading wiring diagrams. I will take a look at it this evening. Are you still in the Seattle area? Im located in the South end in Bonney Lake. Thanks. Doug.

11. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    OH man! If someone can provide post the 86 Mondial 3.2's wiring diagrams here, I would really appreciate it.

I have an odd problem with mine: The dome light does not come on when I open the door. I know the door switches work, because the red light on the back of the door and the white light underneath both work.

Also, I know the bulb in the dome light is not burned, because I can turn the dome light on with the switch.

I looked through the timing diagram for the 87 model, and I thought I found a timing relay that controls the dome light. I replaced it, and the dome light still does not work.

So ... anyway... I would love to have a good wiring diagram to pore over.

- Sam in Saratoga

12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    My light problem was the contacts in the overhead light, worked fine with the switch but not with the door. Cleaned and re bent contacts. Hope yours is that easy.

13. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    How did you open up the dome light? I see no screws. Is it just a matter of inserting a blade and separating it from the car?

14. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Do you mean this light ? its just inserted clicking....like you say a blade to pull it out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wiring diagram for QV/US for those lights : 72 switch for door opening lights, 96 dome light front, 97 dome light rear.Diagram should be the same for 3.2.
    104 and 76 are the lights in the doors.

Guido

15. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Yep, just pry out from non switch side. Carefully of course as its precious decades old plastic.

16. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida