Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ^^ ROFL ^^

:p

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #253 ttforcefed, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    i have no problem with being born on 3rd base, just embrace it if that's the case.

the other piece which sucks (of course on a relative basis) is by the time the kid is 40 he will be so bored of everything he has had it will be hard to satisfy the passion. im feeling it at 43 where the next car that comes out if more fatiguing to try to understand what it is that the enjoyment is whatever. to have experienced what he has at 21 totally sets a person up for indifference or disappointment 20 yrs down the road.

will be fun to see what ogilarch dude turns out to be. he is prophetic/articulate in telling us old timers: "its different this time" lol

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I would like to add that post #87 was pretty prophetic by me. :)

Ferrari 308 GTB and paulchua like this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    more so than post 46!?!?!?!?
    :)

Ferrari 308 GTB and SoCal to az like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You two are in league with Lucifer, be gone with your devilry and black magic to peer into the future!!!

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Some of you may disagree but I see fabulous wealth at age 20 to be a curse, not a blessing.
    I have a nice little collection of cars I worked very hard for, and I adore each one like children.
    I’ll be jumping in my lowly 458 Spider tomorrow morning, meeting 4 other Ferrari friends at 6 am to begin a 6 day romp through Mississippi and Alabama back roads.
    We have great fun...Ferrari’s are tools for enjoying what little time we have on this Earth.
    You can often have more fun with a 348 Spider than an ultra-expensive Enzo.
    Dansage...peace.

BTW...back to thread...no more Pista allocations ‘ya losers! :)

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So to change the subject, I too thought 70 or 80 was the norm until last week when I picked up a new 488 Spider with, you guessed it, 38 miles on it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Disclaimer
    I have no relationship to Dansage or dlezin

9. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Where are you heading? I might be able to help you out with some food suggestions. Have a great trip!

Best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not sure.
    Going to use Mad Maps, Natchez trail, and pick roads as we go. We may end up in Nashville, but we’ll let weather guide us too and may drift east to Georgia or NC mountains if rain in west.
    We usually just find little barbecue places and in the evening find chain hotel to crash for the night.
    Just guys romping around. :)

But thanks!!

ewright and of2worlds like this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol they’re pumping out so many cars they cant test them all 80 miles anymore!

Demigod555 and paulchua like this.
  12. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Sounds perfect, one tip on the Natchez Trace since it is Federal the Rangers can be very strict on speed limits and careful for dear and other wildlife. It is a beautiful road none the less. Hope y’all have a fantastic journey, stay safe.

italiafan likes this.
  13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    When merged, shouldn't it merge to the original (first) account? And isn't having two accounts against the rules and typically result in a ban?

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And how come his post history stops with the new account in 2018? Or is my search not working properly?

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, it's messed up but you can see all his posts by just doing this search on Google:
    site:ferrarichat.com dlizen

Ash Patel likes this.
  16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #267 noone1, May 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
    He likely does actually own the red GT2 RS. Just about everything seems like he buys it and immediately sells it or puts it up for sale. Every car he's tagged in ends up being listed at a dealer like BJ Motors or something. Seems like he never actually uses them. Gets tagged in Instagram and then it's up for sale. I have no idea why he's doing this. Maybe some sort of flipping business his dad funds him with? Maybe trying to become an influencer? Who knows.

His 8 figure pay day is likely fake unless he inherited. Let's just say his dad is reasonably successful in finance, but seemingly not 40-cars-a-year successful.

paulchua likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #268 paulchua, May 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
    reminds me of this subculture

Inside Miami’s Luxury Car Hustle: Fake It ‘Til You Make It

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Judgement call. On my quick scan, it didn't look like he posted so as to talk to himself (i.e. sock puppet), which would clearly warrant a ban. We have seen users who thought creating a new account was the way to change their user name. If we choose to give them that benefit of the doubt, then we merge to the new name, as if they intended a name change.

Shadowfax, f355spider and paulchua like this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I watched that video shortly after it dropped originally. Took a while to shake a feeling of immense sadness. Must be an incredibly dark place to loathe both yourself and your life so much that you feel compelled to craft an elaborate charade.

On a side note, I worked hard, very hard, to secure a favorable Pista allocation and failed. I’m just a little guy. First F-car was a used F12 in July 2017. I managed to order a 812 in Nov 2017, which will be arriving around the end of May. At different times, with different dealers, I was given 3 opportunities for a Pista: buy a Lusso, buy a Port, and most recently, but a demo Port. The Port was the best option. It was a fairly early Pista allocation and a very early Port. In retrospect, I should have just pulled the trigger. Instead, I have a Pista model and brochure, but no Pista... Lastly, I’m in the grouping of people that like the F8, but not enough to put one in the stable. I’ll just wait for a Pista in the secondary market.

20. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    thank god the internet wasnt around for me to hang myself when i was that young.....

he's in the watch biz ? can i get a daytona @ msrp ?

paulchua likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My friends and I talk about how we would be toast if smart phones were around while we attended college. The most we had to worry about was an occasional errant Fun Saver. I can’t imagine the damage high-def video in the palm of your hand would have done to our collective reputations. Bullet. Dodged.

ewright, italiafan and paulchua like this.
  22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Thank you for the clarification.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, I highly recommend it, you get a twist ending too that is very similar to this thread.

24. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Are you saying that is your garage?

Because that looks like a specialty Porsche dealer in nj.

Shadowfax and paulchua like this.