Can anyone recommend a good decat or high flow cat set up? | FerrariChat

Can anyone recommend a good decat or high flow cat set up?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Yellowgallardo1, Apr 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    I am looking for a catless or highflow cat set up for my 10 458 and was hoping some one could recommend a decent brand! Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    I’m running Larini cats, quality and results are fantastic and good value for money.

Also and to match the larger diameter of sport cats don’t forget to remove the narrowing on the flexible connection of the oem headers, it will increase reliability as these flexibles connections are prone to fail with catastrophic consequences, reduce temp on the engine bay and of course increase gas flow that you can clearly feel at high rpm.

Enjoy!

3. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
  4. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Most guys go Fabspeed for stainless steel sportcats. For catless, IPE and FI are popular.

I personally went with 200 cell cats from Kline Innovation made out of inconel.

5. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    What about off-road pipes? i’m trying to find a semi cost effective solution for my high mileage car.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    novitec

sfcorse likes this.
  7. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Ill actually be looking for a header back system. So Let me know what you guys think and what you guys have!thanks

8. jjp11

jjp11 Karting

Sep 1, 2013
    Having my Kline system installed next week; stainless steel headers, 200cell cats, and muffler. Pretty damn good price compared to some of the other stuff out there. From everything I've heard and read, their quality is superb too.

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have IPE full system on my Speciale: headers, test pipes, exhaust. It’s the highest pitch and cleanest tone IMHO.
    Not sure if sound will be the same in 458.

Sent from my 16M

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    If people want to know how each brand compares, these have been my observations so far:

Loudest: S-line
    Highest Pitch: S-line, IPE, FI
    Most diverse pitch / exotic tone: Novitec, Kline
    Lowest pitch / raspiest: Capristo

Novitec is the most expensive. IPE is the most popular.

I personally like Novitec and Kline the most, but that's subjective.

11. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal

what does the most diverse pitch mean? To me I feel like that Novitec has a higher pitch than the IPE. I have IPE with test pipes on mine and bought novitec to make a switch......but Man I need to hear these side by side before I do.
    Also my IPE (knock on wood) hasn't triggered CEL and if I switch to Novitec Im afraid it might.

12. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    It's hard to show video of it as most videos I've seen peak the audio so the two sound identical. The best way I can describe it is by saying that Novitec and Kline still play a softer, lower note simultaneously as the main high note. It sounds like two notes are playing simultaneously. IPE only plays the high note.

I'm no physics expert, but looking at both Kline and Novitec pipe designs, they design both the open valve and closed valve pipes to go through the muffler box no matter what. I guess this design is what contributes to the more layered note of Novitec and Kline. IPE only puts the closed-valve pipe through the muffler box.

Is your IPE catless? Are you running any anti-CEL solutions?

13. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Anyone have a complete set up they want to part with?

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have a Capristo for sale for Speciale

Sent from my 16M

15. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    I have a regular 458 so wouldn't work unfortunately

16. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal

Wow I get exactly what your saying.

My IPE is catless and no anti CEL just stock. Man Im really thinking about switching to Novitec, but Im wondering if my CEL will trigger. The piping on the IPE cats are a lot thicker in diameter than the stock or even Novitec. IPE exhaust can only be used with IPE cats, stock cats or other brand cats won't work.

17. Baptist

Baptist Karting

Mar 2, 2008
    Capristo decat pipes and Novitec. Installed mini cats, no use im afraid.
    Capristo OBD Wizard works great.

18. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Are headers worth the money? Trying to decide on whole system or just header back

19. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    No need - sport/no cats + new boxes + ECU remap (for check engine light) is all you need....

20. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    which boxes are you referring to? id prob do anti foulers. My car has the burble tune and I’d like to keep it haha

21. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Any boxes. I used NR Inconel ones with flaps. You will not lose your burble....only enhance drastically

22. Baptist

Baptist Karting

Mar 2, 2008
    They won’t help if you go catless, even the redback minicats.

23. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Meisterschaft Stainless SteeL, anyone tried this exhaust. this is what I think I want. And some decat pipes

24. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I have compared IPE systems with headers and without and there is a difference. Whether it’s worth it is up to you. Headers generally will double the money you spend.

I’m currently getting inconel headers installed on my Speciale right now to complement the existing inconel parts I have. Will report back on the difference.

25. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    I have 100CEL and NR Inconel on my 458SA already. Nobody makes a better Inconel product than Novitec - European hand made proper stuff! I personally use Capristo on all my F-cars wherever possible but Novitec Inconel is a different league

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat