URUS compared to FF | Page 4 | FerrariChat

URUS compared to FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Oct 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    M

2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Since its first sale,Remember Europe has always been in love with estate cars..

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I own a Urus and for me it is exactly what I wanted. A daily driver to take anywhere and its still hot. Put the thing in race and hit it and hang on. Some much tech in it. 6 driving modes and lots of room. Cheap too. The Ferrari never was for me. I'm sure its all that but doesn't fit my need.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    That is precisely the point and the conundrum. In order for Ferrari to be more profitable and grow, it cannot cater to a niche market of 8000. At the same time it cannot afford to dilute the brand by making a car like the Macan (brilliant as it is). The only way to go from 8,000 to 20,000 is to make the FUV. The Lusso is a brilliant car, but it caters to a pretty small market for high performance estates.

The pace of technological development, the constant changes in emissions regulations and the size (and depth of pocket) of the leaders of the automotive industry mean that for a small manufacturer to keep up, they either have to (1) outsource all their R&D, (2) keep increasing the prices of their cars or (3) accept that they will be left behind and stick to producing interesting -but not market leading - cars that only very few will buy. None of these options are good for Ferrari.

As much as we all think nostalgically about the days when Ferrari made very few cars, I agree that the current strategy is the right one.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    From a purely business perspective I agree with you that Ferrari easy way to grow significantly in terms of sales is to enter the SUV niche market were demand continuous growing worldwide. The graph below with the evolution of the premium SUVs registrations in Europe shows that rapid evolution. Since 2005 and with few exceptions, Ferrari has always increased its car shipments from year to year at a single figure percentage rate (table below). Achieving a yearly production of 20.000 cars is something not possible within the existing Ferrari Maranello assembling premisses. Even if another working shift is introduced to increase production, the 9000 cars shipped in 2018 could jump to around 12.000 - 13.000 per year but not much more than this. Unless Ferrari builds a completely new assembling line and all that's needed to feed it, and that takes time and is a giant investment, I presume the absolute production limit will fall short of the 15.000 cars per year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    How are Urus owners liking it?
    Surprised the market for Urus has held strong, but so has all cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yes all cars are up. Its crazy out there right now.

I really like my Urus. Its one of my daily drivers and I can fit both my kids in back in car seats. If I really want to drive quickly I can change modes and its noticeably sportier. To me it doesnt feel like an SUV but rather more like a sports sedan raised a touch. Ive got 14k miles on mine in a year and half.

The tires are soft Pirellis and only last about 8k miles. Pirelli has a monopoly on the 23 inch tires that go with the Urus and they charge accordingly. If you switch to another brand you may get a transmission fault due to compound. That will void your warranty or so I was told. They usually make you do a camera alignment when its time to change tires which can be annoying. Other than that Ive had no issues. Basically its a quicker Audi with Lambo badging but I like it. Ive got the akrapovic titanium factory exhaust system as well and its pretty good especially in corsa.