re-hire Kimi | Page 6 | FerrariChat

re-hire Kimi

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    No those who have an unnatural hatred of Hamilton are baiting..... My favorite driver is, FWIW, Kimi. But Hamilton has been driving exceptionally well, he isn't going anywhere for awhile so a few of you need to get over it. Constantly bashing him or Mercedes doesn't help Ferrari one bit and it drags the board down.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D

Bas likes this.
  4. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Bas likes this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Absolutely. Despite not getting paid at Lotus he was totally in his element there as well. The political culture at Ferrari never suited him (nor Mclaren for that matter). Hence my comments the other day that a top team suited to Kimi really would've been Red Bull (Imagine that for a switch today?).

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Your statement made me just realize for how many different teams he drove in his career. Totally forgot about Lotus. Makes him all the more cooler.

vinuneuro and Bas like this.
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well not that much, actually: Sauber, McLaren, Ferrari, Lotus. And he came back twice, once to Ferrari, once to Sauber. In almost twenty years of career, four teams is not much, is it?
    Rgds

8. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I like Kimi.
    But there is a lot of future upside to Leclerc. They have to take the leash off him and let him and vettel earn the top dog spot. It’s a new season, new driver, new manager. Put aside the old ways and see what you have.

william likes this.
  9. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    I suppose that Ferrari will break the contract with Vettel at the end of the season.
    Who should be the replacement?

10. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    This might be a bad day for Chuck to ask for a pay rise. However, there is no doubt in my mind the team loves him, warts and all.

william likes this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I doubt if they will do that; it would cost them too much, IMO. But you may be right.
    Plus, who would be available?
    Most drivers are contracted until the end of 2020.
    Then Ricciardo may be available perhaps? Or Bottas if he is not kept at Mercedes (which I doubt).
    I am wondering when Verstappen's contract expires; if he don't win at Red Bull, he may try his luck at Ferrari, but preferably at Mercedes.
    This is the aspect of F1 I like most: tranfert time and all the spéculations that go with it !!!

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Also doubt contract will be broken.

Ricciardo and Verstappen both end at 2020 (same as Vettel) I believe. Verstappen is quite interesting. If the Honda doesn't improve much and the F1 engine rules remain the same, I'd probably take the Ferrari job...but try and bring Newey with (and Horner, though I doubt either would). If the engines simplify I'd stay put with a Newey guarantee.

Ricciardo favourite I'd say. Imagine Leclerc and Ricciardo at Ferrari? A hard team to dislike!

william likes this.
  13. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I don't know. Ricciardo is hardly shining at Renault. Makes me wonder how much was the car flattering him at Red Bull. But, in fairness, so much of it is down to the car and not the driver now.

14. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Any guy who shows at an event hammered and has a ball is my kind of guy. Kind of like Tony Stewart and sprint cars. He is doing what he loves.

Senna1994 and Bas like this.
  15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    We can dream.

Bas likes this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yes his stock is going down slightly due to Renault start...But if Leclerc's real speed is some 3 tenths advantage over Vettel, Ferrari don't need 2 number 1s. Leclerc and a solid number 2 who can easily back it up for a win when something happens to Leclerc, well....who better than Ricciardo? Verstappen and Leclerc will be messy.

Senna1994 likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Plus, i don't like him..just take Ocon instead..h's just as good but with a brain...and he won't be gettin the gig at Merc by the looks of it..

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yep, that sounds like a very objective reason ...

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares