Wanted - MASERATI GRANSPORT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted MASERATI GRANSPORT

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by absostone, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I might as well be looking for a 1960s lusso

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    tom there are the same 12/15 cars other than the two blue ones from gulfcoast the past6 months. believe me I search 2/3 times a day. what do you like? price vs. miles? non spider. also some of the interiors don't look good to me in the photos, there is a silver LE in florida
    I really liked till I saw the headliner is sagging and under the rear tail lights has rust bubbles

rampante550 likes this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yeah its beautiful. but that blue tech fabric ., blue steering and seat backs , im not digging, or my other half. There is another car just like that for sale also. same price. the Fuji is nice though

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I assume you are on Maserati forums as well? I know they are not anywhere near as active as this one but there are real owners there that may be willing to sell their Grandsports.

absostone likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    well yeah that too

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes I visit the Maserati sites occasionally. im not signed up but good Idea to ask? I want stock. no blinggy crap or tuner stuff, Well a DBW would be ok. I owned a GS LE for 5 yrs, favorite car I ever had for a street car, THX

8. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I can guess what it is :)

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    sshh. ill bet you can

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ya know what pisses me off about dealers? When they don't present any info on service History or clutch details on exotics, just PW, PB, 3rd Break light etc. Yea no **** all cars have this stuff Now days.

11. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am in the same boat as you are absostone. I owned an 06 coupe with the vintage package for 6 years...didn't know how much I loved that car until I didn't have it anymore.

After a couple of years I just had to get another one (btw, also own 06 QP Blu Pozzi for 11 years now, another one of my favs). I searched for 6-8 months and finally picked up an 06 Gransport Coupe...get this...90th Blu Anniversaire/Full grey leather with dark blue piping. It was supposed to be only available for 05 Spyders, but this coupe was special ordered by an executive and it is one of a very few in the world. I am quite proud both my 06 Masers are pretty rare in colors.

Keep searching, you will find the right one. BUT, I would hold out for Bianco Fuji if you can...another stunning color for the Gransport!!!

johnei and absostone like this.
  12. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    In slight defense of the dealers, most don’t have the equipment to read the clutch life on the cars and that includes Maserati dealers. Most didn’t take on the franchise until after 2014 long after the cars were out of production. You need to find one of the old Ferrari/Maserati dealer or one that has a Leonardo.

13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yea I know. But the non authorized dealers should try and add some info regarding maintenance. But I guess one would have to call and ask.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I could possibly be talked into selling my 2005 as my new townhouse just has 2 garages, but some of that may depend on my meeting today with the lift company if they can make one work for my garage.

Jennie and I bought ours in 2008 from dealer original owner, 15k miles, and still had warranty. $120k MSRP. It now has just over 50k miles, but most of that was 2010-2012 when Jennie daily drove it. Right after she daily drove it I did sway bar and springs, it now handles exactly like it should! A little too stiff for daily driver, but for fun it handles great and lays down the power so nice. Also some other Formula Dynamics mods like DBW, wheels, and something with exhaust (will have to look up, but not the muffler or headers). We also restored much of the interior and did all the sticky parts. Complete records from Boardwalk and Norwoods. Never had many problems, driver electric seat went out still under warranty, factory keys are a mess just do manual, and original clutch lasted until 40k miles.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

rampante550 and absostone like this.
  15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Yeah but it's Maserati blue :) That is a good looking car with Maserati blue interior.

By the way, Rob's car has some nice mods. That's the way the factory should have done the chassis. Them trying to sell it to Mercedes Benz SL buyers was a mistake. Maybe even a Porsche buyer would have bought one when they came out if they had done that setup.

rob lay likes this.
  16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I believe it. It’s soft

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I HATED how it understeered factory and it didn't lay the power down that great either.

18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    it was real easy to bust loose at apex coming on the throttle. but the throttle pedal is way to light , hard to feel application, but man that engine spins up quick

19. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just did a track day early in the year when the weather was still moist with the GS and it is super fun...nothing like a Ferrari engine that spools up super fast, esp when compared with my normal track car, C6Z06.

20. Indy360silver

Indy360silver Karting

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron starr
  21. James D. Jones

BANNED

May 1, 2020
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    James D. Jones

22. James D. Jones

BANNED

May 1, 2020
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    James D. Jones
    Dear Mike:
    There is available a 2021 Maserati levante s. gransport awd for $67,000 with 30,516 miles.. located in california.
    This looks like an old ad but I am reaching out anyway! I don't own the car but I am searching for a private collector.

best regards,
    James Jones