Berger says Hamilton's is Senna's equal | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Berger says Hamilton's is Senna's equal

Discussion in 'F1' started by ATBNM3, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    stavura and daytona355 like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I didn't see any comments from F1 drivers there, only internet drivers

ATBNM3 and bmwracer like this.
  3. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Insults never convinced anyone. Most people are smart enough to know that.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oooo, meow........ thousands more people that are wrong? Ever start thinking it might actually be you that’s wrong? Nah, that would just be admitting defeat eh? Hehehehehe. :)

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Try to remember that when you are insulting me, Peter, Bas and the rest then..... you are one of the most prolific for insulting people on this forum at present

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #106 ktu, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    You have to redirect this to Berger, Ross Brawn and others.....

ATBNM3 likes this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Hamilton always won with the best car, and even managed to be beaten by his team mate once when having the best car (which is not to say he's not a very good driver, his results are still meaning something).
    Senna did not have (unfortunately) a long career but he impressed with lower performing cars more than once (Monaco 1984 with a Toleman-Hart for instance, with a car that was as far away from the same year McLaren as the 2019 Williams is from the 2019 Mercedes).
    I know many people don't care about facts when it comes to forging opinions though ;)

8. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    LOL! Internet drivers are also the best keyboard cowboys.

ATBNM3 and ktu like this.
  9. Jean-Pierre Marchand

BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    So, Mercedes, knowing they have the best car, can hire anyone to drive it, correct? In fact, some might pay Mercedes for the opportunity. However, Mercedes not only keeps Hamilton in it's car, they pay him HUGE money to do so. What is the logical conclusion?

Surfah, cairns, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #110 ktu, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Ham didn't have the best car in the 2008 championship. Ferrari had the best car. Ham didn't have best car in 2009, still won races. These are facts. Berger did not say Ham was better than Senna, he said he is equal. As a Ham fan , as of now i couldn't say Lewis is better than Senna. So everybody chill out, and stop attacking Berger. As a former Senna team mate he has a right to make that assessment.

Jakuzzi, ATBNM3, cairns and 1 other person like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Yet more proof you don’t actually follow the posts in a thread - what do Brawn and Berger have to do with the Facebook poll Pete had linked, and upon which I had commented? You really need to pick up your game, you dont do yourself any favours.

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ferrari’s car and McLaren car in 2008 were very very close, and I haven’t heard ANYONE ever claim the 2008 Ferrari was the class of the field, not even Ferrari themselves. In 2009, once McLaren managed to get their double diffuser to work, they won races, so what? The double diffuser was the reason the car won, not the tool behind the wheel. Prior to getting the double diffuser, he was as slow as everyone else who didn’t have a double diffuser...

Why do you insist on making up ******** and acting like it’s fact?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So if Elton makes all the difference, and it’s not the car, then why are teams not banging on the door to get Elton’s name on a contract? Red Bull and Ferrari could easily afford to pay Elton’s wages if they wanted him, and saw him as head and shoulders over the rest, if he was a driver that could make the difference to a car... they don’t, red bull laugh their heads off at suggestions Elton could ever get a drive with them, and both Ferrari AND Elton himself have stated publicly that Ferrari have NEVER approached Elton for a drive..... what’s the logical conclusion?

14. Jean-Pierre Marchand

BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Before your first sentence is over, you've already made a massive twist to what I actually said. I did not say that Elton . . . I mean Hamilton . . makes "ALL the difference." I said Mercedes can have the pick of the litter from all over the world and they choose Hamilton. That statement needs no further embellishment.

Surfah, cairns, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    My facts are easy to find. Just look up the stats. FIA rated the Mclaren 2nd behind Ferrari 2008. 2009-2013 Lewis did not have the best car, and still won races.Go to F1.com, you can review all these facts i speak of. Extremely easy. If you see something you don't like, cease from harrasing Hamilton fans and consult with the FIA.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Unfortunately it is like banging your head on a brick wall responding to the like.

Berger is more than well qualified to give and have his opinion on Hamilton, and rightly so.
    Many moons ago a lady that posted on here called Carol, was on the tip, she told me to watch out for Hamilton he is one to watch, he hadn't stepped foot in F1 at the time, but boy was she right.

IMO if folk cannot see the inherent talent Hamilton has got regardless of the car, they are watching the wrong sport, it is ridiculous to say otherwise.

Only to add, part of being a good F1 driver is knowing when to jump ship, because cream tends to rise to the top, the top teams will always want the best.

Surfah, subirg, ATBNM3 and 2 others like this.
  17. Jean-Pierre Marchand

BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Amen.

ATBNM3 and kraftwerk like this.
  18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Autosport gave the 2007 and 2008 McLaren F1 cars the best racing car of the year award.....

fil and daytona355 like this.
  19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Thousands of internet drivers opinions arent worth one Gerhard Berger's. You would think this would be common sense.

20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Really? Hamilton 1st
    Kovalainen 7th and Macca's the fast car?!

21. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Per Autosport, yes.

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The FIA is above Autosport. Look to the FIA for final results/stats.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, and I see that Hammy has been in the best car since 2014 and was beaten in 2016 by his teammate.

LVP488, fil and daytona355 like this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Correct, so prevoius statements that Ham can only win in the best car is false.

ATBNM3 likes this.