For Sale - 2009 Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series | FerrariChat

For Sale 2009 Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Phiberglass, Jan 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    2009 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG Black Series – With only 175 examples in the U.S. this is a true supercar! Presented in beautiful rare metallic gray with exquisite black interior and only 9100 miles. Twin turbo 6.0 liter V12 with 661 horsepower and a massive 738 foot-pounds of torque. Carbon fiber abounds in the fixed roof, front and rear fenders, hood, trunk lid with retractable spoiler, and front/rear aprons making it 550 pounds lighter than the standard SL65. Not to mention the larger turbochargers and intercooler. One year only AMG light alloy front wheels are 19x9.5 and rears are 20x11.5 with new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires (only 900 miles).

This SL65 Black Series in metallic gray is absolutely beautiful and a monster to drive. Having owned many Black Series, this was by far the most fun on the road and an absolute stunner in the parking lot, hence why I’ve held onto it for so many years. All comprehensive service has been completed and up-to-date. Southern California car has never seen rain and always garaged. All manuals, books, tools, and 2 keys included. A recent example in black sold in Europe for $310k. This SL65 is being offered at $239k.

For fastest response and further discussion please call me at 949.290.5162. Thank you, Brian.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Beautiful Car. GLWS.
    Sorry for an off topic question (kinda).
    Was this car ever built in Red? I always wanted one but I want a red one.
    Love the Back Bay Photos.
    I live very close to Back Bay.

3. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
    Wrap this one. Get your color wish and preserve the original and otherwise desirable paint condition

Sent from my SM-G930V

Mmckee and Boomhauer like this.
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Good point.

5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    How is this maintenance wise? I had an SLR Mclaren and had an SL55 before it, they had the same engine yet seemingly everything on the SLR was thousands more to service. I've always been interested in these but there's not really any forums to read up on them more.

6. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #6 FerrariFinally, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
    They made them in Mars Red from what I know...obviously harder to find than Black.

This metallic gray is super rare also.

7. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    I believe they made them in red, white, black, silver, and metallic gray. I may be missing a one-off color though. I'm sure there's a black series registry floating around out there with the exact numbers. Thanks! Back Bay is a great spot for photos when the lighting hits perfectly.

Maintenance hasn't been too bad, though I haven't put many miles on this car at all for the time I've owned it. I also owned an SL55 and many of the other black series and haven't had any maintenance costs issues out of the ordinary. Not familiar with the SLR Mclaren but that car seems to be in its own world maintenance wise.

Agreed. There's a ton of black ones around. Metallic Gray seems to be very hard to come by and I've never seen another one in the wild or really online too often.

anunakki likes this.
  8. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Hard to believe that car is 10 years old--it is spectacular. What was the original sticker on it?

tres55 and Phiberglass like this.
  9. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    Dropped to $219k.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    awesome. just a hint - change the title of the thread so that black series is before sl65. black series didn't show up on my computer screen and black is the main thing

11. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    Thanks! It's showing the full title including "black series" for me. Perhaps on mobile, it cuts it off? Looks like it's too late anyway for me to edit the title. Thanks for the heads-up.

12. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    Dropped to $219k. Shoot me a note or call/message me. Thanks.

13. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    PMs answered. Just a heads up that call/text will get you fastest response. Thanks for the interest.

14. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Southern California
    Price dropped to $209k. Fastest response via phone call or text if interested. Located in Newport Beach - come check the car out in person. It's perfect!

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Did you ever end up selling your car?

of2worlds likes this.
  16. ikonickgabe

ikonickgabe Rookie

Feb 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gabriel Nakash
    @Phiberglass
    If this car is still available, I’m a buyer. Please reply here so we can get in contact.

LARRYH and Vance4re like this.
  17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    this car is so much cooler than the new gt black series with all its aero add ons despite the n'ring record.

LARRYH likes this.