UK non red 328's | Page 2 | FerrariChat

UK non red 328's

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by dudlow, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

Of course Australia is a bit far but there are some car dealer who imported/exorted car with UK. Could be one way.

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Probably not a good idea. Prices there still seem to be on a high. Not sure about 3x8s, but I noticed a 550 and 575F1, both around 40,000 miles, both asking nearly £140K - about £30K or more over what they would be asking here in the UK.

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    152 GTS went new to Australia, according to the factory figures published; and no GTB.
    The Australian GTSs are the Right Hand Drive version of the US market car: among their differences with the standard "euro" model, they have the F105 "040" engine, that is, with catalysator (= their VIN is therefore ZFFXA, not ZFFWA); none did receive ABS, even the cars with the "later" suspension.
    The UK-delivered 328s built for that market are the RHD version of the standard euro market model: no catalysator.

Rgds

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    If you are after something specific then I’d be calling all the good indies to let them know you are looking and what you are looking for. They will have little black books of people they know who might not currently have their car advertised but might sell.

You will also get on their list so if they don’t have or know anybody at the moment you will be the first they call.

Always worth a few phone calls.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hi Jonathan

Would you please have a colour breakdown of 308 GTB ,i believe 211 Steel UK RHD imported, plus 156 Vetro.

How many left on the road?

Thanks for anything you may be able to share.

6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    The same applies as my earlier answer to John. It is work in progress and I don't want to post just yet.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Late to this party, having just picked up a Lancia 8.32 I am intrigued by 1980's Ferrari V8s.

Rather than expensively re-spraying a 308/328 to get away from red would it be worth considering a wrap?

They are really good these days, come in any Ferrari colour you like and have a protective function.

Then when/if you come to sell the car you have the option of leaving the wrap on or returning to the famous "re-sale red".

8. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    About no Red cars, I check my data concerning Australian 328 ( RHD ZFFXA ). Of course I don't know all of them but until today, Aussie no Red 328 should be rarest compare with the others type ( Euro, US etc .. ).

I have only 8 cars no Red ! Some should be a re-sale Red but I "know" only very few Nero, Blu and one Argento Aussie 328. All others are Rosso Corsa. Any Giallo, Bianco, Grigio etc..

Does anybody have others informations about this?

9. Robert W

Robert W Formula 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    Also Australian 328s will have km speedos versus UK ones with miles?

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Perhaps you could check that one? I have no horse in this race and no affiliation with the seller; plan for your Due Diligence...(the wheels are non-standard, but could be a plus if the original rims are included in the sale)
    I'm a bit intrigued by the name he gives for the color, as "Blu Sebring" never was available for 328, so the paint label has to be checked...should the car be in the very rare "Blu medio Met", then the combination of color and leather color could be unique...(it looks rather like "Blu Chiaro" to my eye, but they are not always easy to distinguish on pictures)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-FERRARI-328-GTS-UK-CAR-RHD/333176028530?hash=item4d92d6bd72:g:4oEAAOSw1YRcx1Ki

Rgds

11. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Thanks. This car was recently sold at auction...............not the nicest car around.