LFA Appreciation | Page 12 | FerrariChat

LFA Appreciation

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

NürScud likes this.
  2. min3040

min3040 Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris Hong
    I have 997.2gt3rs as well but I will take LFA all day long. It is different driving experience. It has soul like Ferrari. And, I only complain about single clutch when I am driving slow. When the shift speed can be tweaked from level 1 thru 7. At 7 it feels really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anunakki likes this.
  3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Great to hear from an owner, especially as the 997.2 GT3 RS is a "bloody fantastic" car. :)

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    PSA- This came to my attention today at Barrett Jackson Auction in Palm Beach, April 11-13.

VIN ending in ***444

Partial screen shot. No affiliation.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Based on the photos, I recall that car has been for sale via Autotrader for quite some time in the $4xx,000 range. Another great standard LFA bargain, in very appealing colors.

6. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    This just came out-

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I almost purchased a nearly-new '15 RCF for under $50,000. I decided the 2-door format wasn't right for me as a daily driver, but these cars make an incredible sound from the N/A 5.0-liter V8 - a lot of the LFA style induction-noise magic is going on here too.

The pricing on the Track Edition is typically Japanese, they tend to see the value in a rare special-run car more than we do - but at least they are realistic with the planned production number.

8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

9. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^ The black duct tape is a nice touch! Did it ever become a $5,000 Lexus option? :D:eek:

DGPF likes this.
  10. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Duct-tape-to-sample

11. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  12. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I recently saw a video from the Middle East of a dark blue one with tan alcantara that looked amazing

I stumbled across this Reigistry that shows a lot of the cars

https://exclusivecarregistry.com/list/lexus/lfa

Some of the details may be incorrect as they list the brown on orange mess as a late production car

This was actually an early one that Herb Chambers got for himself, dumped, then went through multiple hands and now is in the Middle East

14. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

That's a good registry although likely dubious accuracy at times as you noted, there is also a gentleman on Instagram who does a very nice log of the cars, and GTR Registry has an actual registry according to VIN here, which is the best one IMO:

http://gtr-registry.com/en-lexus-lfa.php

15. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    The Guy who did the GTR site LFA registry did the best job on being pretty comprehensive on what was built but no pics of the cars

The one I found was weak on guality/accuracy but did provide some nice visuals of the cars

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    The blue one I mentioned recently appears at about 9:20 into the video linked to below (bonus LFA content with a white one as well)

18. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

19. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Video of a lap from Car & Driver's 2013 Lightning Lap competition at VIR, along with commentary from the driver:

I liked this comment: "It's eerie how approachable the car is... very progressive in its demeanor."

20. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Congrats to Toyota on their Le Mans win for the second year in a row - sadly without their previous competition from Porsche or Audi, but still an extremely difficult race to complete and win. The 2018 and 2019 wins have been vindication for their crushing last-lap breakdown that occurred in 2016, when they were set to win over Porsche (they still managed to beat Audi that year).

Akio Toyoda's dedication to remaining a competitor at the top of Le Mans with 9-figure budget shows his same commitment to sports cars and racing as was shown when he pushed the LFA project through to production.

NürScud and vraa like this.
  21. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Some very serious hillclimb style driving w/ interior engine noises starting around 1:25 in this video. I believe this is the Lexus Australia press car, will need to do some research on build number:

22. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

LFA Nurburgring at Shibetsu Proving Ground (SPG) in Japan, a formerly secret test track where all new Lexus products are tested.

The SPG opened in 1984 and due to its large construction and heavy security, the Soviets thought it was a fort. The site measures 3.59-square-miles and it features five circuits and a 2.4-mile-long straight, enough for every tested Lexus to reach its top speed, or land a plane.

All the circuits emulate different roads and conditions, featuring over 20 road surfaces unique to different regions and countries. Also, the geographical position of the testing site in the north of Japan offers all atmospheric conditions needed, from melting-hot summers to harsh winters and everything in between.

23. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Great stuff. I look at the LFA and some how I believe this the true reincarnation of the supra, like nissan did the GTR for the skyline.

Great posts everyone. The only LFA I've ever seen was on my trip in Fort Lauderdale last year. It was white. More than likely "Whitest white" or 079

24. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The Supra name is definitely legendary, so I get the sentiment - although the truth is the Supra in factory form was always a fairly heavy, ponderous, blend of GT and sports car. The LFA is more of a hardcore supercar, and despite looking like a GT car it is not optimized for long drives due the loud cabin and stiff suspension.

ChadR likes this.