1990 blue 348 ts on ebay | FerrariChat

1990 blue 348 ts on ebay

Discussion in '348/355' started by AuthenticRebuilds, Apr 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    Is anybody familiar with this car? Its been priced aggresivly for a while now. I was very close to a deal but bought a gen 3 viper cheap,,,Im still thinking about this F car and might sell the viper already.

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Link?

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Anyone know the vin on this car. A few things look off. For example, the interior door panels are not correct for this car. Leather on the steering wheel doesn't look correct. Assuming this is a US car, mouse tracks not there (may be a good thing). I wonder why the VIN is not included?

5. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Curious as to why they purposely exclude the VIN on eBay. BHCC does the same. Seems shady to me.

6. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    ZFFFG36A2L0087168 I had it from when I was looking into this car a while ago. in 1996 it had a mileage discrepency that looks to be somebody doing a clerical error for registration.

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  8. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    I had also posted on that thread, with some time passing I was curious if anybody else may have found out anything on this paticular car.

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Go back further someone actually went to look at it and posted pics and opinions. It was rough from what I remember reading.

10. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    I thought i looked pretty good, ill check again.

11. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    There is another car that was for sale a while back, but not this one that I can find, Im thinking the one mentioned to be mistaken for the blue one Im talking about was grey.

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    hmmm maybe yeah, I do remember it was in a garage like this one is, had been sitting for a while was surround by a bunch of other cars like a parking garage in the city. maybe it waaaaaas a different one you may be correct, apologies.

Notice the center console carpet is faded and the rest of the carpet is not. Like it had water in it and washed the color but the rest of the carpet was replaced. As mentioned the doors are from later cars probably spiders. Seats were dyed. I wold remove the door sills and check for rest and inspect undercarriage for undercoat sprayed everywhere. I have a feeling this car was not one of the pampered well maintained ones at least not n the later stages of its life. I could totally be wrong of course but something is up with it. Does not mean its not a value if you can work on it yourself! IF engine check out comp/leakdown and there is minimal rest maybe its just cosmetic tlc needed. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    Thanks for those points, I had noticed the rust on the sills but that seems to be very common as every 348 ive looked at has either had at least a little rust of carbon sills. Whats the difference in the doors?

14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    smooth vs. creased upper triangles, I think.

sjd

15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sills are super common for minor rust, yes its surface rust and the paint lifts off. I just had mine powerdoated, getting them off withouth bending creasing or ruining them is a whole separate problem.

Doors, specifically the black upper part above the arm rest section, Steve is correct, see below.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    IMO, The incorrect door panels indicate either someone spent significant money to change them to the later style or there is some bad prior history that required sourcing used parts. The overall condition of the car, comments above, and suppressed VIN number leads me to believe the later.

17. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    like it got left out in the rain, and then no one knew what to do to keep the leather from shrinking.

sjd

18. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    However, it is a nice color combination and somewhat rare in the US. If the next buyer is looking for an inexpensive driver and does not mind some cosmetic issues, this may well be a good buy. Assuming it’s mechanically sound. Please add some $$$ for a major.

19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I'm leaning towards the idea that the prior owner(s) wanted to update the look. It is very common with aircrafts. A Friend of mine has a 1979 Piper Seneca II with 2018 FAA compliant instruments and interiors . CHEAPER than acquiring a new aircraft. :)

20. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree with your thoughts. But, I would still be concerned about the overall condition. If a previous owner wanted to update the look, he obviously cared for the car. But, the current condition indicates neglect.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    By the way, you don’t need to update the entire door card....just the upper triangle can be replaced.

One thing I love about the 92 and prior 348s are the door cards. I love the stripes.

22. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Given the geographic location, condition of the car, fact they state it "just came out of storage" and the other vehicles this EBay seller has listed this looks like that famous city "Car Club" outfit. It really is a shame anyone lets a car like this get into the shape it is currently. Just my thoughts.

23. blue90

blue90 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good Lord, please do not strip the wheels and shine them to chrome like look. I have the same car which had same wheels.. powder coat them quickly. There are not that many Blu medio TS out there but the color is a chameleon in day or night.. blue, green, dark blue, unique. That's not a bad price but $35k is a great buy if it actually still runs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

24. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    i like the factory wheels being chrome on the blue. I like a project, that other car club had a white tb I by all means should have bought but hindsight is 20 20 and it was the first one i was interested in before I really started to learn about the cars.

25. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    Here is a curious question for the experienced owners. How many miles is it until you should typically see a compression loss?