have a little oil by one of my plugs .......help | Page 2 | FerrariChat

have a little oil by one of my plugs .......help

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by wbklink, Apr 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Regarding "Sticky Interiors" - you need to understand - they don't care - period. It's that simple. They see the benefits short term and just don't care long term and it's not effected Ferrari sales at all. I don't condone it but there arrogance is really something special.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    WTF does Rob Schmemerhorn have to do with FNA? Nothing as near as I can tell.

Ferrari bean counting....like it isn't worse at GM.

Sorry but a bunch of gibberish.

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Didn't both you and Rob used to be FNA mechanics at the dealers many years back? Rob represented himself as a shock guru worked on his dealers Challenge team learned what the cars needed for the track. I was happy with his solution when I raced mine for a number of years.

I guess at the minimum quarter mil entry fee for a Ferrari vs. 50K for a Camaro I have higher expectations of what Ferrari should deliver. But 40 years living with Ferraris considering a Ferrari's reliability yeah...Ferrari's bean counting is worse or their engineering is worse. Take you pick. Let's put it this way. If I had to traverse Wisconsin this winter when it was 50 below I would rather be in a POS Dodge Dart than any Ferrari. I consider it a feat of bravery and luck that NikkiSix drove my EX-550 from California to Toronto in the snow and did not break down. Maybe it was my modifications that helped make that possible...gold kit!

4. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Hi Barry, sorry it took so long didn't see this post....is this what your talking about ?
    If it is.. its a director i work for made both of these for me...my tech then installed them
    They guy is a master working with this king of stuff...I ask him if could make it and he said sure get me the measurements :)
    I ran over a piece of asphalt on Mulholland Highway Took out the oil filter luckily I had a place to pull over so I wanted to make sure that never happens again . Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Thanks all .. The leak was in fact coming from those hoses, I just got back from Vegas and we replaced them.
    I was reading about rollover valves on the gas tank, both my fuel pumps have been rebuilt but I'm wondering should I as preventive maintenance fix or replace the rollover valves?
    What do you gentlemen think?
    As always
    Thanks !