2019 Ferrari/Exotic Events | FerrariChat

2019 Ferrari/Exotic Events

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by FerrariFR33458, Jan 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Hello everyone. The 2019 car season is almost here. What events are you most looking forward too? I always enjoy Spring Thaw, Hunt Valley, and a nice ride up to Pennsylvania Concours. What are you most looking forward to and why? I can not forget that F1 will be amazing as usual.

2. Fast Rev

Fast Rev Rookie

Feb 4, 2007
    Linthicum, MD
    Good question.
    I always enjoy the Radcliffe Motorcar Italian Car show. This year on 4 May.
    Its is a casual low-key event.

I also go to the Hornet's Nest Swap meet and AACA Car Show at the Charlotte Speedway; this year 4-7 Apr.
    This event is huge. I always come home with a truck full of "stuff" and there are fabulous cars on display.
    Admittedly, not many Ferraris but a great event.

I am not one to stand around, kick tires, scratch and sniff. I spend as many weekends as possible at the Drag Strip.
    I stick with NHRA tracks and can be found at the Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro

If you are into Hotrods, Jalopyrama is a must on 27 Apr. One of the best shows on the East Coast.
    This year's event will feature Gassers, Dragsters, and vintage Race Cars.
    I work this event and we raise thousands of dollars for a local hospital
    This is typically American-centric and you will not find a Ferrari here; sorry.

This year, the wife and I are heading to the USGP in Austin.

My yearly car events (with the exception of the USGP) always end with a trip to Hershey for the AACA Eastern National Meet.
    This is arguably the largest gathering of antique cars in the world.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    For me...IMSA events. Car shows are fun, but seeing the cars in action on track is a lot more fun. Will be at Daytona next week, and hopefully a few other races later this year.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Not really an exotic event but Cecil County Dragway has a huge car show with a swap meet and nostalgic drag racing. Our Mondial always draws a crowd and the race track food is great

5. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Looking forward to the CF Charities Car Show. I went the last two years and it's a well done event that supports a worthwhile cause.

Hoping Radwood comes back to Philly this year. Their event at the Naval Base last year was an excellent time.

6. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
  7. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    The PA Concours is rumored to be held in Skippack, PA this year on May 19. Sponsored by Algar and organized by the Penn/Jersey FCA. Finding any info is nearly impossible.

8. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  9. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Apparently open only to FCA members for showing

10. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
    It appears that, yes, you need to be a FCA member.

11. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    Can anyone shed additional light on what is on offer besides being judged and a lunch? Curious if this is worth signing up for FCA to be able to attend.

12. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I can not speak for this particular event - Most shows are just a great time to get together with others that share similar interests and enjoy. After reading you will be able, if you choose, to have your vehicle judged towards a Platinum award.

("The PA Concorso Ferrari will be judged based upon the IAC/PFA Guidelines currently in force, which means that the Concorso will proceed based on point scores of at least 97 points for Premio di Platino awards, point scores of at least 92 points for Premio di Oro awards, and point scores of at least 87 points for Premio di Argento awards")

13. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Radcliffe Motors this Saturday. Cool event. I only hope they have a different food vendor. I think he cooked one burger at a time and I left hungry.