HGTE | FerrariChat

HGTE

Discussion in '612/599' started by Rbwiii, Oct 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    What year was this optioned from Ferrari in a 599, idea of how many cars came with the factory option?

Thanks

2. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hello,
    The first year I’m aware of the HGTE was 2010. I’ve read on this forum anywhere from 180-200 factory installed units. Not sure if anyone knows for sure. The option from Ferrari was $30,095.00. Best

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Bill is correct and there were a few in 2011 but only a very few cars from that year. The factory also sold it as a dealer installed option so you will see it in other years. Full up that was $41K but most didn't do everything because of cost. No idea how many of those were sold but the full up package the numbers were probably small.

4. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Thank You all!!
    Im in the process of locating and purchasing a 2010 599 with HGTE.
    From what I have read the car is very well put together with very few issues. What I have found common issues to be concerned about, not sure if this applies to the 2010, are
    Suspension, ball joints
    Leaking fuel pumps
    Clutch (typical for single style)
    Any help will be appreciated

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The twin plate clutch should not give you any problems if the F1 system is serviced every three years like the maintenance schedule shows.

Skidkid likes this.
  6. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor

Is it a "factory" HGTE or dealer retro fit, makes a difference to the selling price.
    One other problem with them is front shox leaking. Expensive to replace.

7. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Yes factory HGTE package.

8. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Go for it, there are not many other Ferrari's that will give you more bang for your buck. Awesome car and particularly great with in the HGTE format.

9. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    The HGTE with 5 spokes wheels/ exhaust... has been released in 2009 ;)

In 2007/2008, there is already 599 HGTE but without special wheels / exhaust..

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    In the US, the HGTEs began as 2010 model years, some of which were built in calendar year 2009. There were no HGTEs in 2007 or 2008, except those upgraded with factory retrofit kits after 2009.

Tridentity and Potenza430 like this.
  11. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    I don't think you are correct. The HGTE was not announced until the Geneva motor show 2009. Any earlier cars would have been retro-fitted (as Tazandjan says).

Tridentity likes this.
  12. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz

WONDERFULL

CAR NO WORRIES I HAVE ONE HGTE 2010 never had an issue

Bougth in Ferrari Madrid

Nothing to say about such car or any mechanical issues car has now 28 000 kilm had 18 900 km

top car

only some sticky buttons on my seat and R or Auto Buton ( Just put some transparent adesive over it) all FINE

13. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    We are both right ^^.
    The HGTE has been announced in March and cars delivered from this date are upgraded models (but not before).
    From January to March/April (old model) and after new ;)

I own 169994 built in summer 2009 ;) and delivered in october.

14. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I just bought VIN182831 with 2K miles on it Wow what a car!!

I think it was one of the last ones built. It has a july 2011 build date

15. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    As far as build dates are concerned, listed in Hemmings Motor News website this past few weeks is a 2012 red/black HGTE (manufacture date April 2012 with VIN ZFFFD60T0B0187689).

It's apparently a US converted EU model that's claimed as DOT/EPA compliant. The selling dealer is asking $159.5K which seems to be a very low price for a late model HGTE with a listed mileage of 8,500 miles.

IMO, I'm not 100% sure of that quoted mileage though given a conversion was made. Did the conversion include a full replacement of the TFT display instrument panel? Nonetheless if everything checks out after scrutiny, then that asking price seems much better than other currently listed '09-'11 factory HGTE listed between $189k-$229k.

FYI - About a year ago, there was news of a lawsuit filed by a sales person turned whistle blower against Ferrari of Palm Beach and a former client. The lawsuit, in short, claimed the sales person was fired after he reported and complained to management about his discovery that "odometers were being rolled back", then after having discussed the practice with his client, the client then later allegedly paid off a mechanic to use the factory-authorized tool to roll back his LaFerrari's electronic odometer mileage down to zero which would've further increased its resale value.

Ferrari of North America later explained the following to cease that legal practice:
    “Resetting an odometer to zero in case of a malfunction of the odometer when the pre-repair mileage is unknown is consistent with the federal odometer law. Ferrari determined that the risks of odometer fraud in the United States from unauthorized use of the DEIS tool outweighed the convenience of this functionality, and thus, Ferrari has informed its network with a technical bulletin of a software update to eliminate the odometer reset functionality.”

Related news:
    https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns.../article202735254.html

16. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I have a HGTE with 2599 miles 2011 red/two tone black beige interior im thinking about selling. This is a wonderful car and more rare than the GTO. If interested pls call 617 875 1415

Greg

Thx