vanquish owners? | Page 37 | FerrariChat

vanquish owners?

Discussion in 'British' started by ross, Jan 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Handsome, you should get it!!!!!!
    Just don't call me when the battery dies ..
    Where have you been my French friend.
    GTJOEY1314

2. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I go 1/2 if you go 1/2. This way I got my mechanic on free retainer for any battery issue after the CPO expires. lol. Then we can trip the car to CA peeble beach. I upgraded my job so now my time is mine!.. lol

3. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    It does look timeless doesn't it!
    I moved up to a DB4 as well.....
    gtjoey1314

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Car just sold. I knew it would be quick. If it is someone watching here please chime in.

5. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    $59k asked, 11k miles at aston dealer with dealer CPO (certfied). A no brainer when you look at the market and that deal. That is the kind of deals I love.

6. Vrok

Vrok Rookie

Jul 24, 2016
    Does anyone know how to disconnect the inlet at the vq1.
    I meen the last screw at the window?
    thanks

7. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Can you post a pic or elaborate further? Not clear what you’re asking.

8. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    The Vanquish reimagined. I've always disliked the interior, it's nice to see an alternative. I really like this.

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I wonder why Aston would not take this as the new VQ plateform.
    Love the front, Love the rear, Love the interior, Love 60 more hps
    Not sure about bigger wheels and the tire logo and the hood vents and the fuel trap.
    Not discussion about a dual clutch?? I'll be honest I drove the VQ 30mn right back after a 9h drive in a PDK Porsche and while I usually don't complain about slower shifting, this time I felt the huge difference.. It was painful. One cannot renew a old VQ without updating the clutch to a faster one.

Like everything else it is all about cost at the end. May be it is good in Europe where these cars have bigger whales than in the USA. A VQ here is in the low 50Ks on the low end. IMO, this should be an "a la carte" upgrade

Regardless, overall a great idea and it would be great to see them ofr real side by side

10. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    The steering wheel still bugs me. Looks like an old Taurus.

11. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Are we going to see another AM lawsuit like the Fisker Thunderbolt?

12. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    I believe I may need a new battery in my 05 Vanquish S. Anybody ever done this themselves? Any tips or tricks?

13. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Yes, Go to AMOC.ORG I list the procedure..........
    It also depends if you have a 2+0 or 2+2
    Put the largest old fashioned ACID battery in there with the vent tubes.
    Trust me.......Ive driven 8,300 miles in a Vank in 10 days...go to amazon.
    Also have the 9 volt protector for the lighter or you will have to reprogram everything
    good luck
    gtjoey1314

14. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Been there, Battery is behind the front pass seat or underneath the rear pass seat if you have a 2+2, get a correct battery with a vent for use in the cabin. If your in the states, pep-boys has the correct Bosch replacement. As said above, if you don't back-feed some voltage to the system while the battery is disconnected, you will lose Emissions data along with seat, radio and window memory.

15. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the quick replies. My car is a 2+2

gtjoey, I wasn't able to find the procedure on AMOC.ORG. Which tab is it under?

16. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I have done it, but my car is 2+0. Overall the process is the same. The battery is under the passenger side rear seat of your car.

Move your passenger side front seat all the way forward, remove the bottom cushion of rear seat, then proceed to remove the metal cover plate.

17. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    WAKE UP TIME!!!
    Where is everyone? Iknow I am guilty of hibernation too but still...
    I also know the value of VQ gen 1 are tanking. Even Miller in CT is doing a special on theirs for sale at $89K !
    BAT cars cant break $57K anymore and the last one, a 2002 or stalled at below 50K. That despite seeing mileage of 2K , 4K, 8k, 12K miles.
    Not sure what the deal is with this but for sure love is gone. Joey, reprint a round of your book lol!

18. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France

19. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Well...….lets see...…..
    If you want to own a first series Vanquish , its sooooo cheap , YOU CANT LOSE.
    Now IMHO , Like I have mentioned before, everything is changing and changing fast.
    If you are UNDER 45ish, OVERALL , IMHO the amount of interest is not there.
    Now WHO IS GOING TO AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURSE.....I AM!
    I love it and will go till I DIE or IF THE SHOW DIES...…
    What does this have to do with it.....The P.C. police are out in full force on the gasoline auto.
    Many LARGE car companies are starting to shy away from sponsoring ANYTHING in the past, from Gasoline engines to sexism and race cars that KILLED the planet the pressure is on.
    Besides that , the PARTS and SERVICE are a KILLER, Aston is taking you over the coals......Ferrari learned, Jag learned, Porsche never had to learn but NO ONE wants to go to the dealer every week.
    That black S will go in the low 60's I bet you...…
    Times are really changing for real...….Hey Id buy it with a battery pack, Now that would be neat.
    Lovely cars though and remember for OUR age its about James Bond...…..Now He is a sexual preditor…
    Sadly...….
    GTJOEY1314

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    lol Joey! I will never be the same again watching a JB movie!
    If I need my spirit lifted up, I ll make sure to think of you..
    I am not so pessimistic with gas cars. Some actually are going up. I think the issue here is the Vanquish is unloved today.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Be thankful these cars are indeed coming down in price. Buy one and enjoy it..when it breaks..fix it, or throw it away and find another. Either way, the cars are simply amazing to drive, and the sound is second to none. Buy and enjoy. Toss it when a repair exceeds 50% of the cars value.

RossoC360 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  22. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Nothing sounds like the Vanquish v12 and with the traps opened it has the most wonderful sound.
    The problem is they are the first of the modern car/computer......and that's the problem as well.
    I love mine but I diy…..most people don't any longer or understand it.
    A mclaren 720s a Ferrari 488 or any other, they are unreal but ONCE there is an issue, mostly computers, they tank.
    There is no soul like the old cars
    Ive done 8,300 miles in my second Vanquish in TEN DAYS to ALASKA and back.....a once in a lifetime ride.
    I just DONT see a new generation of drivers having that passion.
    gtjoey1314

psych0hans likes this.
  23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    My bet is that long term, the factory manual conversions will be the desired cars.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have 2 with the conversion come in. They are really cool. However you can tell by the drive it was never designed to have a manual gearbox in it. The pedals are close together, and the shifter almost hits the center stack..gotta be careful you don't smash your fingers when shifting.

Over all the car works very well with the conversion.

sherrillt likes this.
  25. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    In regards to the conversion. I’ve always said the kinda of the same - minus the fact they are cool (they are not). I’ve seen and sat in one and chatted with the owner and my observation and his comments echoed the same - it’s just not right. It was a Frankenstein solution for a questionable if not nonexistent problem.