Pista vs GT2RS vs 720S On Track | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista vs GT2RS vs 720S On Track

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 458-Italia, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    I owned several Porsche GT3 and left them without any regret for a bewitching Italian lover :rolleyes:

Ash Patel, Coincid, Shack and 2 others like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Magny-Cours GP is a relatively fast track (far faster than Magny-Cours Club), so that the power advantage is meaningful - it also explains the 720S outperforming the GT2RS on the F1 track. The Cup2R is also most probably superior to the TrofeoR, so that where it counts (on the shorter track with more corners) the 720S is last; the Senna is on another level so it's still faster in spite of the TrofeoR.

CRG125 and 458-Italia like this.
  3. roccob01

roccob01 Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
    CAR magazine review

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Interesting:confused:
    AFAIK, there are no commercially available Michelin Cup2R tires for the Pista wheel sizes. Either they are running Pista on some odd wheels or they have acquired some specially made tires from Michelin, which IMO both are very unlikely. So if Pista is running on standart Cup2 tires then that means Pista is actually very fast on track;)

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Wait what!? Me loves my Porsches' too much eh? Too funny. If you recall I was the ONLY one driving their Ferrari while you guys are driving Porsches leaving F cars sitting safe at home wrapped up in cotton wool! Didn't want to get them dirty or any little stones on them! Time to leave old faithful Gt4 at home bro and take that Ferrari or Lambo out next time please. I am trying hard to convert you but I looks to me like someone will firstly have to hide you GT4 keys !:)

kandi, Shack and markcs like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Um no. My decision making is in very good shape!:)

Juvendude and Shack like this.
  7. I would just say the assertion is wrong.

ScrappyB likes this.
  8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Cmon - GT4 is an insanely good car and as u experienced was king in the corners. Anyway they all good so no complaints

9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Indeed. I’ve never heard anyone call a GT Porsche soulless, let alone a 2RS.

mclaren slr likes this.
  10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nah, they started selling them only in March. You can read their press release here:

https://www.michelin.com/en/documents/new-michelin-pilot-sport-cup2-r-k1-tire/

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not so sure about that...

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Michelin has released a Pista spec Cup 2 R recently.