Ferrari New Power Warranty - Updated Changes | FerrariChat

Ferrari New Power Warranty - Updated Changes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Solid State, Apr 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Hi folks. Its that time again for my 2013 F12 to re-up its New Power warranty. Here on FChat I've seen talk that the New Power warranty cost and duration has recently changed for 2019. I need and would appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of the details.

Last year I paid $5500 for another year of New Power from the dealer and want to re-up it. I like the peace of mind the warranty provides. This is for a V12 not V8. Some have said the price has dropped and the duration doubled to two years where others have said its only for cars for sale from the dealer and not already owned.

I've owned this car since I purchased it at the dealer when it had 2K miles and extended the factory warranty to the full three years and then the New Power each year after. So, what's the going rate for the New Power on a V12 and how many years does it cover? Or has nothing changed - still a little over $5K for one year as a decent deal.

My car goes in for its annual in 10 days and would appreciate the latest info. I called last month and cleared the price for another year as the same as last year but didn't know or ask about any changes. Much appreciated.

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    OK. Admit I kind of suck at starting threads! Maybe its not controversial enough but was hoping with 140 views someone has any knowledge of the current warranty offerings.

It is true many don't see the worth in it and I think that is probably the right way to go. After all, I've got about $19K in continuous warrantees and zero claims. But can't help but think that the DCT or diff or engine component/pump would break the instant past warranty and no one is willing to give or sell me a WSM so there you go. If anyone has paid for a warranty in the last year for a V12 please post up the car, program and approx. cost. A two year one would be nice to push a future decision out. There's at least 141 people that would appreciate it!

3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    We're talking about this issue in the F12/FF/Lusso forums

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thank you! I posted here because one of the members who is a service manager posted here an update to the 2019 warranty program in Dec 2018. Figured wrong I guess.

5. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Just renewed New Power Warranty on my 2010 599 for $5760.00. One major difference it doesn’t cover any leaks. You can renew for up to 15 years from new. After 30,000 miles they have to do a compression check to renew.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thank you Bill.

7. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    the no leaks clause is worrisome as it is usually a pre-cursor to a more catastrophic failure.

for those not under warranty currently there is a lengthy pre-warranty inspection that costs additional 800.

are there any tell tale signs of a failing transmission?

8. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think this is an important thread for owners/potential owners. I have read so many things saying don't own a Ferrari, at least a modern one, that is not under warranty. A friend of mine who owns a '12 FF went out one morning to drive his car found a puddle of tranny fluid. I think it was about a $16K repair. Glad he had the warranty!

9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I had that happen last December. My warranty covered the $15k repair

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

DefunctNeurons likes this.