For Sale - 2004 Challenge Stradale - Argento Nurburgring | FerrariChat

For Sale 2004 Challenge Stradale - Argento Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Robert Freid, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Freid

Robert Freid Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert Freid
    Hello!

I am proud to list for sale my 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale. It is finished in Argento Nurburgring with a red/black Alcantara interior. Pictures do not do this rare combination justice -- it is understated, aggressive, and elegant.

I purchased this CS in May 2015 from another member of the FerrariChat community. It had 41k miles at the time, and it currently has around 47.5k on the clock. With that said, my CS is in genuinely excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, and as I've been told, could easily pass as a car with <15k miles. Recent awards for this CS include 2nd place in the 360 class at the 2018 Northwest Region Ferrari Club Concours D'Elegance, up from 3rd place in the same event in 2017.

Last month, Boardwalk Ferrari went through the entire car to ensure it is perfect for the next owner. Services completed include a full timing belt replacement, annual maintenance (fluids, filters, etc.), changing alarm batteries, and more.

When I purchased this car, it was already in excellent condition considering having "higher" miles. However, I’ve spent over $40k to bring this CS as close to “like new” condition as possible without cutting any corners. For example, many CS owners know that the lexan engine cover is prone to scratching and occasional discoloration. To the tune of $15k, I replaced this lexan (as well as all surrounding carbon fiber) with factory parts. It looks phenomenal and as if it just left the factory.

I have all service records for work I’ve had done to the car, as well as extensive records throughout the life of the CS. Annual services have always been completed on time, and always by a Ferrari Dealer or reputable alternative. Many potential repairs that could be expected for a car with this mileage have already been taken care of, including:

F1 Actuator
    Cats
    Motor & transmission mounts
    Ball joints/bushings/axle boots
    ALL fluids (gearbox, F1, etc)
    ...and more

Also included are two keys (and fobs), complete toolkit (down to the flashlight!), factory car cover, steering wheel and seat covers, and factory Scuderia shields & wheel caps (currently using OEM carbon shields).

The car has had no accidents and has a clean carfax. Tires are 2-year old Michelin Pilot SS’s and have minimal wear. The brakes are only 25% worn, which speaks to the longevity of ceramics! Clutch wear is also low - last year it had 76% remaining, but I will update with a new readout when I receive one although I do not expect it to change much.

I am asking $188,000. Whoever purchases my CS will have a car that can be either driven or serve as eye candy in a collection. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a rare part of Ferrari's history in an uncommon color combination that will only appreciate with time. Regardless of miles, you will be hard pressed to find a CS that runs better than this.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or if you would like to make an offer. Although I am located outside of Seattle, WA, the car is currently at Boardwalk Ferrari outside of Dallas, where it will remain for the next few weeks. Viewings can be arranged.

I've attached some pictures below. I can be reached best via email at [email protected]. I am not looking to wholesale the car.

Thanks for reading!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Are the CF Shields on the front fenders part of the original spec, or were they changed? If they were changed, what is involved with changing them back to the originals?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. Robert Freid

Robert Freid Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert Freid
    Not part of the original spec but they are Ferrari OEM parts. Changing back to originals very easy. Takes a dealer about 15 minutes to do. We have the factory shields.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    #4 CarbonDan, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I've seen this car in person many many times and you would never guess the mileage. It shows like a low mileage garage queen. With my 13k miles 360CS parked side by side, one would be hard pressed to find any major differences in wear. The interior looks great in person, paint looks great, and the car has been cared for by the same Ferrari trained mechanic who works on my CS and murci (and many other much rarer and more expensive exotics). When he says he spent a fortune replacing the lexan, all that was off about it was the adhesive seal had shown through the frit paint on the lexan in a few spots (which happens to all CSes). That's the level of attention to detail and care this car has received. Whoever buys this car will get a fantastic piece of Ferrari history and won't have to feel guilty driving it - as it's meant to be. These cars are meant to be driven - they thrive under responsible use. Go view it in person and you'll see what I mean. Congrats to whoever buys this!

5. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Sent an email & a conversation yesterday afternoon as soon as I saw the ad. Still waiting for a response to either one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just turned 20K miles on my CS this week and I swear it runs better than it ever has. Good luck with the sale.

John_K_348 likes this.
  7. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    crinoid, BRADAN and RANDY6005 like this.
  8. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Nice car. I assume belts were done before you purchased it?

9. Robert Freid

Robert Freid Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert Freid
    Complete service last month including new belts by Boardwalk Ferrari.

10. acc123

acc123 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Is this still available?

11. Robert Freid

Robert Freid Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert Freid
    Yes it is.

12. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I saw this car last week when I was browsing at Boardwalk. If anyone wants me to have a 3rd party look at anything in particular, I’d be happy to.

13. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    is this Utkarsh's (UDalmia's) old car from NJ?.. (i guess less the stripe and Tubi NGT exhaust)?

14. Robert Freid

Robert Freid Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert Freid
    No service or other records of it in NJ.