348 - 348 Brotherhood | FerrariChat

348 348 Brotherhood

Discussion in '348/355' started by Brocco, Apr 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    #1 Brocco, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Hey guys - I’m Darien. A year or so ago I was cosmically aligned with my first Ferrari: a 1994 348 Spider that is black on black with the back parts painted black!

Just wanted to say hello and Thanks for the truly vital resource, and to share a bit of freak car stuff with some other car freaks if anyone is interested.

I turned 16 in 1994 (former California driving age), so I will always think of this as a 6-figure car with a 5-year waiting list. In my opinion any argument to the contrary will inevitably lead to fake news from a time with barely an Internet. (Does seem to have fostered this very special group though, so there ya go.)

To me personally this is a top 3 dead-sexiest Ferrari that there is* - the perfect balance of raw and supercar. Driving it is like a martial art: it takes strength and skill and feel ... a lifetime to master.

Weird story: Whilst still in the dream phase, I named this car “Fiora” after the only pro Italian surfer (that I know of) named guess-what: Leonardo Fioravanti. (Car was more colorful in the dream, i just never changed the name) Only after my acquisition many years later would i find out that Fiora was indeed the final drafting of PF chief stylist one Leonardo Fioravanti; and also that the Ferrari test track is called “Fiorano”.

Funny story: My last name Brocco has come in to Italian slang for ‘longshot horse’, and that would be the nice way of putting it. (actually translates to ‘bud’ / ‘shoot’ / ‘sprout’ = more synchronicity ha).

I also have a BMW 2002 and an e30 cabrio, “Careen and Serene”, both decently aggressive restomods that I rev out every day and love. Still, I was initially horrified to even touch my new Batmobile/ seeming alien technology until i found @spiderscott’s youtube channel @Ratarossa, heaven be thy name. Thank you Scott. Now I can actually see myself potentially doing MORE on this car than the others. (almost!)

Not going to mod it. (Race exhaust, chrome shift ball, aluminum pedals, chrome fire extinguisher, done.) She’s perfect. Except for a bunch of electrical gremlins :p. And some jettisoned flywheel grease. And some other bs lol.

But the racecar factor is 100. The car takes my breath away! Especially with the top down. I physiologically break a sweat when i even see it!! Talk about a sense of occasion. As a lifetime fan of Rosso, fender badges, (and wanna-be ferrari-historianism,) I have learned to embrace my shadowy / perplexing flybys in comparison. But at slower speeds, who doesn’t crack a smile when the kids whisper: “...Ferrari...”

Great to meet you all. Love this forum. Every single Ferrari is an absolute treasure to me. (When an idiot calls one ugly i get furious!) I plan to treat this car like an Olympian. Special thanks to my Ferrari SHAMAN Juan Villarreal at Grand Prix Motors in Campbell, CA.

You all obviously have excellent taste.. but it is because of all of you that a guy like me can even think about owning this car. Thank you.

Darien Brocco
    Oakland
    insta: @darienbrocco

Image Unavailable, Please Login

*250 GT California spider and F50 for this guy

View attachment 2688279 View attachment 2688280 View attachment 2688281

Allen S., Ryan..., 348steve and 4 others like this.
  2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome! Lovely car! The black is a stunner on 348s.

*should I tell him his wheels are on the wrong sides?*

sjd

Brocco likes this.
  3. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    Haha yes i know my wheels are on backward! Doesn't super bother me but will def fix next time around

steved033 likes this.
  4. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    Thanks bud.

steved033 likes this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It'd be even worse if it was only two of them. That's a pet peeve of mine. I can't unsee it knowing it's wrong.

sjd

Brocco likes this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Is that chrome around the windscreen? I believe that was in 1994 & 1995 348’s and 355’s...?

Brocco likes this.
  7. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Looks great. I'm biased, mine is a black on black ts. My front wheels were reversed when I got her, as EVERYONE pointed out lol.

Brocco likes this.
  8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Beautiful Spider! And Black is Best!

Amazingly, they look incredible whether the top is up or down. Not many 'verts can pull that off.

Brocco likes this.
  9. 348steve

348steve Karting

Jul 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen G
    Reading this while riding a tram in Hannover Germany with a smile. I am from Canada and recently bought a 348 as well. 92 TS Red.

Thanks for sharing your colorful story! Great passion for a truly unique car!

Brocco likes this.
  10. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    It's sort of a black chrome that is usually unnoticeable.. just catching some light in the pic

crinoid likes this.
  11. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Welcome to the 348 Brotherhood.

Brocco likes this.
  12. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes welcome eventhough i drive the black sheep 348

Brocco likes this.
  13. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Looks awesome!

Brocco likes this.
  14. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Welcome, I’ve had my 348ts for a couple of years now. The folks on this forum have been great for helping me sort my car. I hope eventually I can contribute back.

Good luck with your 348, she’s a beaut!

Brocco likes this.
  15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Great 348, and love the 2002. Wouldn’t mind or if then but the prices are a bit steep now!

Brocco likes this.
  16. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Welcome aboard :)

Brocco likes this.
  17. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    THANK YOU!! I will be buried in that car. PS they are potato chips to own and maintain in comparison