488 Pista on the Nürburgring: Onboard Video and Feedback | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pista on the Nürburgring: Onboard Video and Feedback

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rmitchell248, Apr 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    When I needed a quick rundown for the Ring as I had no prep, a kind friend in Rennlist emphasized to me in the biggest boldest letters Adenauer Forst :) saw everyone on YT go off there and was thankful I didn’t lol

Next time in Nurburg I will definitely be reaching out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think your driving was great and by no means did I mean to imply that you weren't faster or better than the GT3. The GT3 was just going at a quick pace also. Its a shame cause I was just in your neck of the woods not 2 weeks ago in the Bonn area. I should have extended my trip and gone to the ring and taken a ride. Next time for sure! That Pista is a beast and I cant wait to get my hands on mine.

3. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Oh no stress, I didn’t take any offense at all. I was just giving some clarification as to the difference between the cars and driving on such a track for those who never have been here :)

I’m excited to see more people get their cars it truly is an amazing product that Ferrari has put out

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Do you ever have any contact with the test drivers from the car companies that have special test days there at the ring??? Your knowledge is very valuable.
    Thank you for sharing here!

Shadowfax and Ash Patel like this.
  5. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I watched the video and immediately noticed how good your driving was, that you were very respectful of others (fast but safe in your passes and checking your mirrors regularly), and were very relaxed as a driver. You were much faster than the GT3 but were extremely patience and I could tell you were out for a relaxing drive. I was going to comment that you clearly know this track well... then I read the comments... and now I understand why!

Well done all around and nice write-up.

6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Robert. Your smooth as silk style made a really challenging track appear quite tame. Bravo. I greatly enjoyed the video.

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    A Pista, pefectly driven, where it was made for !

Compliments :)

rmitchell248 likes this.
  8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    4 x Pista's obeserved at Spa this weekend, chasing the 812SF.

Who won ? Absolutely a draw … the Pista's were as fast as the 821SF on the circuit :) (See FB FerrariOwnersClubNL )

9. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think that's going to come down to the driver in this example, no way 812SF is faster or same as Pista around Spa. Pista should be quicker both straight line and in the turns. Pista has more down force more torque and a couple hundred kilos lighter. 812 sounds better all day but that's all ill give it hehe

a

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think an 812 would know which way an equally well driven Pista went. In fact I think an 812 would have a hard time matching the 488 but could perhaps get there if the 812 driver was very committed.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    Fantastic video, write up and follow up comments! What kind of camera are you using?

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is to be expected for the Pista to be quicker around a track, as it is the lighter, more focused car. In a straight line though, the 812 appears to be quicker: http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel6632-7218.htm