Headlight removal help | FerrariChat

Headlight removal help

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by PRS Guitarist, Oct 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PRS Guitarist

PRS Guitarist Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 PRS Guitarist, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am changing out the dead battery on my alarm module with the corvette part from another thread. My problem is removing my P/S headlight. I have three 10mm head bolts out and it wiggles but I can't find the fourth bolt to pull. So far I have the one in the front by the hood bumper, the one on the bracket R side as you look at it from the front, and the one back left where the wheel well is. For the life of me I cant find the fourth bolt. Here are the locations I have out. Any help please, I checked the Ricambi parts page and it really does not show the mount bolts. Feels like it is stuck in the front left (Fender) side. The bolts i have out are marked with yellow note paper.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PRS Guitarist

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  3. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #3 Konadog06, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    Bob, not sure how much help I can offer. Have removed 575 headlamp assemblies several times, just don't know how much is the same. From your pics several brackets are similar.
    First on the 575 I was not able to access the alarm battery from beneath the lamp, had to go through the front fender front inner liner to access and replace mine. There may have been one bolt that I accessed from the top but foggy on this. The alarm had to come out from below.
    Back to the headlight. There are a coupe 550 lamps for sale on EBay with several decent pics. Link below. This may help as they've left some brackets attached.

Ferrari 550 Maranello Headlamp Assembly L H Complete re Finished | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-550-Maranello-Headlamp-assembly-R-H-complete-Re-finished-/301349344121?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4629d21379&vxp=mtr

Only other thing to add is remove that bracket base up near the front by the bumper as you've described as it makes it easier to remove and reinstall the lamp. If you still need help, PM me and I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I know has to be removed on the 575.
    Bill
    FL

4. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    #4 ///Mink, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bob - there are 4 bolts you need to remove. In the pics below I have circled the 4 bolts in red. I have also circled in green other bolts you can alternately loosen or remove to make the job easier.

On a 550, just removing the headlight will be enough to gain access to the siren.

F456M likes this.
  5. PRS Guitarist

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks Tom, I was missing the screw that holds the wiring harness. You really have to loosen the other bolts as well but that did the trick. You are the man!

6. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Replaced my Alarm last night, under an hour, thanks to the illustrations and directions above! :)
    Used the corvette alarm which functions perfectly, direct plug and play, all lights flash per usual, slight chirp sound change, great result!
    No more permanent LED on the dash, keeping the Ferrari alarm just in case!
    Thank You for the information
    For Ref: Japan Import to Canada 550

Il Tifoso and F456M like this.
  7. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Congrats! I performed that operation at least five years ago and have had zero alarm problems since. You should be good to go for the foreseeable future!