Selling my ‘84 QV...advice needed | FerrariChat

Selling my ‘84 QV...advice needed

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by JazzyJay, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    I have a couple offers on my car; one is from dealer and the other from a private party. Dealer offer is less than private buyer, but I can’t help thinking there is some value (taxes, ease of transaction, etc.) in working with the dealer. Further, goal is to turn around and get another car (360 spider or Cali).

Any dealers/frequent buyers out there that can shed some light on how to quantify the benefits (if any) of working with a (non-exotic car) dealer?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

What are you doing? selling to get a different car and that dealer has the type of car you are buying so you save on the tax?

Private sale is fine, get a bank check or a wire transfer and wait for funds to clear. Thats who buys cars, the public.

I sold a car through a consignor and then found a car I wanted and had the consigner run the deal through their place to offset taxes.

3. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Thanks. The buyer is a dealer but buying the car personally for himself. He does not have a car I’m interested in buying, but I have my eye on a few cars at other places. In Connecticut, I’m pretty sure there is a tax benefit on “trade-ins.”

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app