Mondial Window Motors.... | FerrariChat

Mondial Window Motors....

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Brian Marks, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Marks

Brian Marks Rookie

Feb 24, 2018
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    BMTopSpeed
    ’82 Mondial that suffered from PO neglect and the window motor (driver side) is completely dead. I’ve removed motor and freed it up, however even with a direct 12v to a battery there doesn’t appear any hope for this one.

The question is are the 308 motors innerchangable with those I have just pulled out ?? I can’t tell from any of the books as the part numbers are certainly different any help or direction appreciated.

SPAL (yellow plated) is currently abused patients and the other black Ferrari 308 is one listed on eBay
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ronfrohock likes this.
  2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Send it to a motor repairer, they will probably be able to fix it.

3. Brian Marks

Brian Marks Rookie

Feb 24, 2018
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    BMTopSpeed
    Problem solved - I found some NEW (higher torque) motors from G.T. Car Parts in Phoenix - thanks ! Plus some very knowledgeable info on taking out the winding unit and re-greasing which should make things far better going forward . https://gtcp.com

4. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    I love GT Car Parts! They just re-built my fuse/relay panel.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    While you have this in bits, have a look at fitting the window speed modification kit, look on Superperformance uk. Very cheap mod

ronfrohock likes this.
  6. Brian Marks

Brian Marks Rookie

Feb 24, 2018
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    BMTopSpeed
    Already a few steps ahead as I have secured a pair of those units from Ricambi America here in the US.

ronfrohock likes this.