Build date location | FerrariChat

Build date location

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Brent fisher, Mar 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brent fisher

Brent fisher Rookie

Mar 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Brent fisher
    hi guys, I’ve just purchased a rhd 400i manual in Australia, I’m trying to get it registered but can not find a build date location on the car.
    If anyone can help out I’d appreciate it thanks.

2. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Hello Brent.
    Welcome and bravo for your purchase!
    This being said I don’t think you’ll find such an information anywhere on the car.
    Don’t you have anything from the last owner or any document? If so you will probably have to deal with the factory asking them what they have about your vin number...

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    You could give a try to https://www.f-register.com

Their work is based on a book ("The Ferrari Serial Number Manual 1947 – 2007"), since then it's been updated regularly. I do not know if their effort will be maintained, as there were quite a few discussions on the future of this database. There is a small fee in order to access the database. With a bit of luck they have your serial, at least they have a few numbers close to yours, which can help you to specify when the car was built?

4. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Hi Brent
    If you let me know the serial number I should be able to tell you when it was built.
    Regards David