Seat for 2 years old child | FerrariChat

Seat for 2 years old child

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rovexienus, Mar 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a type of child/baby seat which can be installed on the rear seat of a 400. The car has safety belts for the rear seats but no locking system such as isofix of course.

The narrow point of the rear seat is against the back and I measure it at 41cm (the middle cushion on the rear seats is taking a lot of space), I cannot find a baby seat narrow enough to fit in there.

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    When I had a booster seat in mine I put a pillow under the base of the booster seat so it would sit flat. Not sure if that helps. Also I think you need a tether bolt to anchor the top of the child seat to the rear shelf.

3. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Thanks Paul!

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The front seat is a lot easier to manage, and it is allowed to place a 9-18kg child in the front seat if the rear seats are not suitable or if you already have two 10 years old kids in the back. Not sure about the law for the rest of Europe, so I would not cross the border without asking the police officers first, but at least in France that's permitted.

As a last resort you can remove the rear pillow and have some foam cut to size in order to fill the hole between the two rear seats. Also the pillow size of the earlier models is less massive than 400gen2 and 412, so depending on which cars you are considering maybe that and old pillow could do the trick?

5. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott