Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Taking the exchange rate of let’s say 1,15 plus 25 we end up at 276.
    Hence, they added Trump‘s import duties.
    Good luck.

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not USD 192K in Europe - in France the 488 price was EUR 226 K with VAT, i.e. EUR 188K before tax which is about USD 213K
    From what I read above, french price for the F8 is about EUR 242K with VAT, EUR 202K before tax which is about USD 228K.

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Anybody have pictures of the wheel upgrades with the configurator alive in Europe?

4. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Yes, Europe certainly in €.
    A remarkable difference still !
    Adding to Donald’s tax accounts...;)

5. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    We've been paying these differences long before the current administration came into office.....;)

Jim

6. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    r00t61, racerdj, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  7. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    I prefer the 488 GTB/Pista wheels from the Ferrari Genuine range. Hopefully they'll offer other designs for the F8 too.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Love the Grigio corsa and the CF wheels.

Forged ones are plain awful IMO.

9. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Those are the worst wheel choices in a long time. If I purchased the F8 I would buy 488 painted wheels and throw the F8 wheels away.

obbob, WM458, Motorwerks and 2 others like this.
  10. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Fellows here say it’s 2,5% for customs at present?
    Trump‘s intention isreported to make it 25...

11. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Not being political here (too much of that already!!), just noting the "general" difference in pricing that has always existed. Taxes/Duties obviously always affect these numbers.

Two points on the these customs tariffs:
    --First, those statements of "intent" were a negotiating tactic, very typical of the way he operates, and it wasn't 25%, it was "up to" 25%. This was in response to his administration trying to gain acceptance of tariffs on other goods (steel, etc.).
    --Second, talks and concessions since then have resulted in the administration indicating there would not be any increase in tariffs, for now (this came from Trump himself according to EU officials), and that is still current policy.

My comment was based on the apparent reference to current pricing "adding to Donald's tax accounts," implying he is somehow responsible for the difference in pricing because of HIS tariff policies, which is not the case. Current tariff levels (2.5%) existed before he took office. BTW, the tariff on U.S. cars entering EU is 10%.

Again, I don't consider this a political discussion, but more about how tariffs affect auto pricing on both sides of the pond. Personally, I'd like all tariffs to go away, but countries use these as a way of protecting their own industries, so not likely anytime soon.

This is also NOT intended question your comment, I realize that's the info circulating in the news, and it's generally accurate. More importantly, I enjoy your posts and insights into Ferrari ownership.:)

Jim

LARRYH and of2worlds like this.
  12. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Approx 25K for carbon wheels, Carbon Revolution does not make aftermarket wheels for the F488/F8

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    UK CAR magazine today confirms F8 has exactly the same Pista engine, with the main weight savings being the Titanium conrods etc and critically inconel manifolds

14. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    DefunctNeurons likes this.
  15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Sushistar likes this.
  16. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    All right, never mind.
    Don‘t want to be „political“ at all.
    Just trying to judge the facts.
    The issue came up cause I wonder why the „MSRP“ in the US before taxes seems to be approx. 25% above Europe.. Suspicious ?
    :(;)

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Jim , hope that Trump isn't looking at Australia too close on its taxes , we have import tax 5%, stamp duty 5%, GST 10% AND BY FAR THE BEST A LUXURY TAX AT 33%.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's because most likely they have an agreement with Ferrari. Otherwise they sell at about 8000 K AUD or 5.6 K USD great return !!!!

Jcmd and of2worlds like this.
  19. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Hey my friend, I meant no disrespect, and certainly not challenging you, was just trying to clarify the current tariff situation. My apology for any misunderstanding, it's sometimes difficult to convey context, especially when you write as poorly as I do. Best!

Jim

Viperjoe likes this.
  20. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Wow, that helps me understand why you folks pay so much over there.....:eek:

Jim

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    That's why I cry when is see many arguing over the price of a PISTA . A cheap std no extras 488GTB costs more than a USA fully loaded PISTA :(

Just the way it is unfortunately

JimPVB likes this.
  22. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    At least you live in a beautiful and interesting country, always enjoyed my visits!

Jim

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Import duties on European cars into the US is currently and has been 2.5%. Canada imposes a 6.1% import duty on European origin cars.

of2worlds likes this.