812 - What scrapes first without lifter? | FerrariChat

812 - What scrapes first without lifter?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by red308, Mar 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Maybe a silly question but curious to know and if I really need the lifter and AFS.

I looked through the available documentation and couldn't find the front clearance, nor the approach angle.

Thanks.

2. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I would suggest on getting it. The nose is longer though not as bad or low as Aventador.

3. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I think you can get away without the lifter if you are willing to take an occasional scrape ;)

Dolceexte likes this.
  4. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Saw a used 812 on the showroom floor today. Car has the lift. Looked underneath, lots of scrapes, including the red underside of the bumper. Most of the scrapes were further back on black plastic, or the rubber pieces in front of the wheels. Just seems hard to justify the ASF+Lift option at $9112.

Anyone try skid plates on the 812?

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It’s lower than an F12 for sure so get the lifer it helps, but it is not high enough for the speed bumps rather than speed ramps we have in UK villages these you have to go between which means going into the other carriage way it’s worse if you have a full tank of fuel and 2 passengers.
    I have found putting in sport rather than comfort mode helps to stop the bounce and scrapes .
    These are the worse type for my car in the UK Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ive not had an issue with F12 or (limited miles so far) 812. But have needed lifter on 488 and TDF .
    Though in the UK you do risk some random, manmade , no clear design spec speed humps as Grant has shown above.

7. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Could not live without the lifter on my TDF. Would definitely get one on an 812 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It raises it 40mm, which might no sound like much...but it does save you in some situations IMO.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Think not only speed bumps and driveways but underground parking garages where the lip / crest scrapes the underside further back. Glad my FF has a lift for this reason .......

Don’t see down side except cost.