CS Market | Page 389 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    I believe its a one off if I remember correctly.

2. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    of2worlds likes this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the links.....so other than the mileage (I wouldn't mind 25k), what are generally the issues with the cars in this price range?

4. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would try to contact stokpro / Andrew and ask him. He probably knows the history of these cars. And do a PPI.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/stokpro.155/

Generally speaking (not saying this is true for these cars).

- higher mileage (25k+)
    - no factory stripes
    - less desirable color combos
    - multiple previous owners
    - no full service history
    - could have some sort of story, paintwork etc.

5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For anyone wondering who I am :) I am Mike of the www.challengestradale.com register. This is my new nickname, I have asked Rob Lay for a name change. My previous username was Mike Law.

LightGuy and of2worlds like this.
  6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #9706 arizonaitalian, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    No, clean cars with higher miles fall into the sub-$200k price level (anything with over 20k miles is likely a sub-$200k sale price, could be 10% or more under depending upon condition at that mileage. My bet would be that only sub-10k cars or one-owner or similar would garner over $200k for sure. So as one goes from 10k to 20k, there is a cross-over point in there someplace where the values go under $200k. I'd guess around 15k miles plus or minus. All that said, its a small, ill-liquid market, and condition/history is king. So there is no "exact formula" for price. There is only a general line trading price/miles and then the actual sale data points are over/under that line by a non-zero percentage.

Michael B likes this.
  7. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Nice looking car, it is fairly well known in CS circles. It was owned by at least one F-chatter in its life. Stokpro likely knows a fair bit about this car.

That color has historically sold at a premium to red when I shopped it back when I bought my red one.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    QQ: There is a debate in the BaT thread over how many CS's came with a factory stripe. What say you? (just looking for any inferences that can be drawn from your database)

9. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    What do you mean by this? There are no "issues" that are tied to "price" that I am aware of. I guess you could argue that you have more money in your pocket if you buy a lower priced car!

Do you mean what are the issues that come with mileage of 25,000+?

If that is what you meant, there aren't more than a few folks that have driven or serviced a CS with more than 25k miles :)

Seriously though, the CS's I've seen have been fairly predictable in how they wear in that its similar issues/wear rates as the 360 and 430 (to an extent).

At 20k miles +/- its going to want a new clutch, fly wheel, etc (position sensor can fail randomly and that means "while we are in there").

Motor and transmission mounts wear.

Suspension bushings wear.

It can be susceptible to the header/pre-cat issue.

It can go sticky.

It eats batteries.

It will need tires based on date code rather than wear for 99% of owners.

Pretty much the same issues as a 360 really. So one can look at the maint history on a CS and then compare to the body of knowledge regarding 360 wear items/repair rates and get a *general* idea of what is coming.

The one thing that I believe to be true based on my observations, these cars perform better and wear more predictably if they are driven a fair bit and don't sit in the garage.

Skippr1999 and stokpro like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    3 cars in 10 had a factory stripe?
    Canna di Fucile is a great color and being rare should command a premium. What is the perceived market price now for the CdF Stradale? The last time I saw that car for sale it was on offer from a former salesman of the Ferrari of San Francisco store.
    The stripes are over rated. Some new cars had to have their stripe re-done because they bubbled up.
    I wonder what price the (Mexico Blue?) Stradale would command these days?

11. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    http://challengestradale.com/stats.html

No stripe 373 (46.16%)
    Factory stripe 152 (18.81%)
    Aftermarket stripe 144 (17.82%)
    Aftermarket or factory? 138 (17.08%)
    Custom blue-white 1 (0.12%)

808 cars in the register. 18,81% have a factory stripe. And another 17.08% of the cars have either a factory stripe or aftermarket sticker, not confirmed yet. I would say around 25% factory stripes.

of2worlds and arizonaitalian like this.
  12. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    stokpro likes this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I mean is there a "too good to be true" price for a CS? For example is someone is looking at a $140k ask Scuderia, dollars to doughnuts there is something amiss. I'm income limited in that I pretty much need to be all in (car, PPI, trip to see the car, taxes (7%) at $199,999.99 or less. If the smart money (owners) tell me that can't be done for a good solid car, I appreciate it and will look elsewhere.

14. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I was hoping for a deal, like anyone else, but that’s wishful thinking.

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Indeed! Here it is being delivered to our garage back in 2013. CdF CS has been owned by at least two FChatters.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/cs-market.277227/page-193#post-142261877

arizonaitalian likes this.
  16. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Not sure about worldwide data (ask Mike Stradales) but for NA market, I can tell you about 30% of CS' came with the factory stripe

of2worlds and arizonaitalian like this.
  17. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    It can be. But that doesn’t mean you won’t find cars at all prices with problem histories. Check with stokpro, check with Mike, get a PPI, check the reporting services, check the history/records and then have some luck.

18. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    That is the 1/1 Canna di Fusili car. I almost bought this car a few years ago.

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    F360-1386 likes this.
  20. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    15K miles, clean title, no accident CarFax and unusual color combo.... I think that makes it highly desirable over a red with stripe.

My only issue is I don't like black or almost black cars as I feel it hides the lines too much. You could always wrap it in white if you got a good deal on it.

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Or paint it white like another Fchatter did. doh!

22. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah he must’ve done that “pre wrap” era

23. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Yeah but resale red with factory stripe is the money car

Nine9Three and LightGuy like this.
  24. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No doubt about that especially for those "new" to the CS. But for along time owner like myself..... I'll take that green one or the white one etc.

Mikestradale and of2worlds like this.
  25. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming