My wife wants a Panamera. Any help? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My wife wants a Panamera. Any help?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bball16, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    as an overall package. same way a gt3 is often considered best overall sportscar. pana is luxurious, sporty, and practical in a mix that i feel is above anything from amg, m, or audi s. yes its overpriced, but thats true of gt3 vs corvette too. its same with porsche since the old days. the sum of the parts is much more than what they are individually. only issue i have w pana is why dont they just put a normal 5th seat in it?

2. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    My wife has a 2010 S in black and grey. It is really a nice car but resale value is awful! I think this $100K car with 40K miles is worth about $35K .

3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've driven all the cars you just listed and each one of them does something great, but this car does all of them really well. As always, this is subjective, but I can honestly say it's the best sedan I've ever had. As for a DD it's awesome.

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ever check the residual value of amg? its even worse than porsche.

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For my DD lease the payment is all that matters.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    exactly. lease pana and forget about resale value. although Porsche lease is about 20% above comparable amg, m, s, etc. Porsche will always be worst value compared to competition so just have to want one.

bball16 likes this.
  7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes that is why last year I got a 2015 Turbo S w/ 12k on the clock for less than half the sticker price of $190k. It is my DD and does have blind spots but can turn off the auto stop engine once and forget it. But overall a pretty good car but still miss my MB CL55 which I put 207k miles.
    Before I got the Turbo S the dealer had let me use a couple of base Panameras which I thought were under powered for that heavy of car hence I went with more ponies and glad I did having driven it for a year and half.

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    What do you think an S-Class or BMW 760 of that vintage, with even higher MSRP is worth today ?

9. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    I just recently got a (used) Panamera 4 for my wife as a daily driver and she loves it. I like its uniqueness/sportiness (impracticality) in having just four seats and a small trunk space, a kind of German Mondial. No need to take the engine out for regular service like in the Mondial t, but then in the Panamera you have to remove the whole front bumper assembly and headlights just to change the air filter!

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My wife has now had her 2018 Panamera 4 since November and she absolutely loves it. I have to admit I drive it as much as I possibly can too, the car is simply amazing. It handles like a sports car and performs like a Porsche. It took a little while to learn about everything it can do and how everything works, but now it’s second nature and we use it a lot. My DD Benz lease is up in June and I’m seriously considering getting myself one.

11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    If you liked the Panamerra 4 you will love the Turbo or Turbo S. When I got a 4 as a loaner I thought it was a bit under powered for that weight of vehicle. I ended up getting a a '15 Pano Turbo S with 12k on the clock. Later when speaking to a tech at the dealer he said that the 15 and 16 were good years and later years are more confusing to use the tech equipment, his opinion not mine. But the styling changed in 17 as I recall so if you prefer the newer styling you will be obliged to get a newer year. the Pano takes a pretty good hit depreciation wise in the first couple of years so you can get a top end Turbo or Turbo S for about the same price as a base new Pano if that has any appeal to you. Since I am cheep it had big appeal to me. :D

12. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m thinking the S. I lease them so the resale doesn’t really concern me, but yes the technical side of the car did take some getting used to.

13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #63 randkin, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Well if you are going to be driving in the snow I would think the 4S would be a better call if you didn't want the Turbo. The S/4S/GTS will be a V6 with twin turbos. The S will have about 420 hp and the GTS will have about 440 hp. The Turbo is still a V8 with over 500hp and the Turbo S has about 20/30 more ponies than the Turbo.
    I have never been a big fan of leasing but that is just me I guess. Leasing works well for some folks who like to have a newer car more often. I usually have my cars for a while so buying makes more sense for me.

bball16 likes this.
  14. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I lease them through my business and I like getting something new every 3 years. I don’t lease the Fcars.

15. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    bball16 likes this.
  16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    How does it compare to the Bently? I assume you would trade the Bently for the Pano? I have been interested in a Bently Continental Speed (?). So I am interested in your thoughts.

17. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I actually like the Bentley and has been my DD for just over a year. The Pano seems a lot more of a fun car to take out and drive where the Bentley sides on the more luxurious take the wife out to dinner side but both are great cars in their own right.

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Craig, I think I may have met you at a Ferrari event in Thousand Oaks a year or more back. I beleive you had your son with you that morning.

19. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Randy,

Could have been . I probably would have been in my 360 at that point

20. Ah53

Ah53 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    HoHoKus,NJ
    Full Name:
    Joseph C Costa
    Craig

Nice BN1. My favorite car to just take for a drive.

Joe

calder1 likes this.
  21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Hmmm I use the my Pano TTS as the DD and my 997.2 TTS and 612 as the sporty weekend cars. I was think of trading the Pano for a Bently Speed for a DD duties.
    I think the Pano feels pretty heavy and far less nimble than the 612 which is about the same weight and length. I believe because the 612 is a front mid engine it drives "shorter" than it actually is. That said the Pano TTS is quite fast and is a good highway crusier and gets waaaaaay better gas milage than the 612 and actually a little better than the 997.2 TTS. But perhaps I have my foot in the 997.2 TTS more as it is really fast perhaps sub 3.0 seconds 0-60 mph?