Wanted - Ducati 996R or 998R | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Wanted Ducati 996R or 998R

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by sherpa23, Dec 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill Bloggs

Bill Bloggs Rookie

Sep 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bill Bloggs
    Got a 2002 998r if you're interested?

2. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    Hi Bill,

I am very interested in your 998r. I've been searching for this bike for 10 years since I sold my base 998. Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

Andrew

3. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hey guys. So I've added another low mileage stock 998R to the stable along with a couple of SL's and the new R. Still looking for the 996R. Had a couple solid leads on some 996R's but still looking for the right one (preferably here in the states!). I know they're out there and I'm patient but if you know of one please send my way! thx!

In the meantime, some pics of the recent additions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    waw! That's a collection! Congrats!!

Beautiful bikes. Which one do you like riding the most?

5. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Oh man that's a tough one. There are over 20 at the moment currently in the stable so sometimes it depends on the day! I really like the older stuff as much as the new. Not just ducati's either. Some of the older Honda v4's are up there on my list. I think the most special one is the Desmosedici for a whole host of reasons. It is such an incredible bike. Rough and raw but insanely capable as well and the sound is other worldly. A close second is probably the 998R. It's the pinnacle of that era and just epitomizes everything that is right about ducati. I love the SL's. Both are really special. The 1199 I like riding slightly more but the 1299 could be the more significant one given it's the ultimate twin cylinder Ducati. The new v4's are by far the most capable and easy to ride at insane speeds. So if i were to rank them the Desmo would be #1, the 998R #2, closely followed and sometimes eclipsed by the RC30's. Those bikes are buttery smooth - both transmission and motor. They are small and so nicely balanced, love to rev and Honda nailed the proportions and aesthetics. The RC's and the 998R swap places often on my list!

John B, Wade and BigTex like this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow!!!

Hey the Design Summary of the 999 is showing up in Half Price Books and it's really nice.

I thought the 999 an Ugly Duckling at the time but after reading this, changed my mind!
    But the 998 is really, the End of that Era.

The current 989s carry on of course, probably not for long.

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    ralfabco likes this.
  8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    OK the 848 EVO Corsa is a write off - totaled, but there's a low miles example in Cali.

Thoughts?

I was really getting comfortable on it, but I have the 996 and still the late ST3sABS.
    It did it's duty as I wanted to wreck something new instead of a classic!!

Attached Files:

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'm afraid the 848 EVO is pretty classic, and feel like azz....not my fault though...