History of my car 54373 | FerrariChat

History of my car 54373

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Steve Fergsuon, Mar 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve Fergsuon

Sep 10, 2018
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Steve Fergsuon
    Hi all
    I have a 85 Mondial QV, RHD, which has an all tan interior (including dash etc) and 3.2 bumpers and blinkers.

I've registered the car with Ferrari and was interested in finding date of manufacture and the history of the car - countries and number of owners - before it arrived here in New Zealand.

Ferrari have told me they can't help...so where do I go to find the history?

I was hoping this process my help find the the car was spec'd with all tan interior or if this was changed at some point along wit the bumpers.

Thanks for your help
    Steve

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There is no central resource but you've mentioned previous this to be a UK car originally so you could contact jtremlett to see if he has anything

A car registered at myferrari should usually come up with some basic data from the factory

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The UK doesn't have something like CarFax or Autocheck? I used that for my car and got pretty reasonable geographical/mileage info as well as ownership history.

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I have very little on your car but according to my records it was supplied new to Singapore (not a UK car). I also have it with a black interior originally. Assuming that is correct (I cannot 100% guarantee it), I don't know what, if any, options are available to investigate the history of a car in Singapore. Date of manufacture would have been late 1984 or very early 1985 but an exact date would need to come from Ferrari (or possibly registration authority in Singapore or perhaps New Zealand if it needed to be recorded when it was imported).

5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    My car is 48 something. Title says 1985 but I found it was actually built in 1983. It was built for Europe and imported to Canada then the USA. Go figure.

6. wsendelback

wsendelback Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    William Sendelback
    I tried to get the same info on my QV Cabriolet from Marcel Massini, and he told me he has no info on Mondials and keeps no files on them.

7. Steve Fergsuon

Sep 10, 2018
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Steve Fergsuon
    Thank you for the info
    I've contacted Ferrari Italy and Ferrari NZ who can only tell me the car was manufactured late 1984 and delivered 15 Feb 85.
    There's a little info suggesting it was sent to UK them Singapore, but you may well be right in that it went straight to Singapore. The car has been modified - it has an all tan interior (including Dash) and 3.2 bumpers and Indicators, so someone has spent $ on it.
    My next step in the search is to send time on the Singaporean registry, meanwhile the car is off the road for the winter while it gets a serious paint refresh.
    Cheers
    Steve

8. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Steve,
    of course Ferrari know the manufacturing date but you should ask them with lot of "please". I get mine like this ;)

I Don't know if it can help but as I know several NZ car was officially imported as used car ( even it was new ) to avoid high taxes on brand news cars. Somes where sold new in Italy or UK before send to NZ without been driving any miles !

That can complicate research 30 years later

9. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I'm afraid that is usual. I think there is not many Ferrari "historian" who keep information or document concerning Mondial or 308/328 ( Ferrari for poor guys ! ) and probably lot of them are lost.
    Owners of UK RHD cars are lucky and could find them

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't think that's the case. At the time the UK importers, Maranello Concessionaires, also had the import franchise for a number of other RHD markets, including Singapore, so that may be where the UK connection comes from but I'm fairly sure it was never registered in the UK.