360 tyres | FerrariChat

360 tyres

Discussion in '360/430' started by Majin_JT, Nov 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Hello everyone my car is wrapped away for winter but noticed that my front tyres are getting ready.
    i currently have pzeros all round stock size 215/45/18 , 275/40/18.
    The price of the pirelli are alot higher than some other brands as most of you already know.
    my question is would i be ok to fit 225/45/18 pzero rossos with my 275/40/18 pzero asimmetrico ?

I dont want to waste my rear tyres as they are not that old

Any help or advice would be great

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Should be fine

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. ESP1

ESP1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2018
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    FDZ
    Hello folks, my tyre dealer tells me that they're not able to mount the same Pirelli P Zero tyres in front and rear as they do not exist for the official meassures (215 45/18 and 275 40/18). Understand they would need to Direzionale at the front and Assimetrico at the rear. Does anyone have a view on this?

thanks a lot

4. Silber

Silber Karting

Jun 6, 2014
    Switzerland
    I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I would go up to 225 on the front to try to remove some understeer. Have also just got a second set of wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports fitted, try try the difference.

5. ESP1

ESP1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2018
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    FDZ
    Thank you for the advice Silber, in my country we are not allowed to change approved tyre meassures however Im indeed looking at michelin sports. Best, FDZ

6. Silber

Silber Karting

Jun 6, 2014
    Switzerland
    Hi everyone

Just to add to this thread for anyone interested, I had Michelins fitted in the standard 360 sizes and they're about a million times better than the Pirelli P Zeros. Softer compound and much more grip. The car is much more confidence inspiring and easy to throw around, and understeer is no longer an issue. In fact, it's easy to power slide at lower speeds! The specific Michelin models are Pilot Sport 4 on the front and Pilot Super Sport at the rear. They're virtually the same tyre.

Enjoy!

7. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I am trying to find a pair of fronts in bridgestone RE-11 215 45/18 with date codes in the last 4 years.

Anyone have a pair they want to sell?