Oregon Pinot Noir | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Oregon Pinot Noir

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by daviday, Jan 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    couple of nice Oregon PN are Broadley & Lange, Lange being the less expensive though they do have some Vineyard designates....have a good Pinot Gris as well

2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thanks for bumping up the thread. Four Graces makes a very nice low priced PN

Dai Baracca likes this.
  3. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I actually pour 4 Graces as our house PN, nice middle of the road PN.

4. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
  5. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Drank the Cristom back to back with what was left of the Imagery. I don't think my wine vocabulary to be very adequate but do consider the Imagery to be more jammy and round than the Cristom. The Cristom was lovely though, thank you for the rec Keith. I can only imagine what one of these tastes like after a few years. I have to keep my eyes open for the wines you and SB have suggested.

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Davide. I'll have to root around in the cave...I think I have some more Cristom in there...maybe from 2010 or 2012 vintage. Anybody here had / remember Kalin? I have one bottle left of the 1997 I think.

7. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
  8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Davide. Found some of these. I must have consumed all of the 2012 Cristom but have 3 of the fabulous 2010 left. The Kalin is my last bottle 1997. Thought seeing two French beside two U.S. bottles would be fun.
    The Les Pruliers is the last bottle of the 03, which was not a great year but I still have six of the 2005 down there. We're having duck this Saturday andI am opening a Dom. Drouhin 2010.

daviday likes this.
  9. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Love that backsplash....Unfortunately the Cristom is still a touch too rich for me to drink as often as I'd like. I've yet to find the other bottles you guys have recommended that are at a slightly lower price point. Will be stopping by a well stocked store on the way home with my eyes open.
    Happy Friday guys.

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    well, over production sometimes is an issue, but for entry level Oregon pinot A-Z is well known for a very good QPR. I do not like their second tier "Acrobat" series, though.

11. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    and if you want to try a nice value in Cali pinot, see if your wine shop carries "The Pinot Project". try a bottle. I think its in the $ 16 range.

12. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Drank this last night, friend of mine was gushing over it....pricey PN it was a fruit bomb in a cabernet sought of way..I like my PN more subtle I guess
    Image Unavailable, Please Login