GT4 wiring diagram question | FerrariChat

GT4 wiring diagram question

Discussion in '308/328' started by uzz32soarer, Mar 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Some butcher has been into my car and re-routed the headlight wiring to bypass the broken stalk switches. Verell has rebuilt the switches and now I'm trying to replace the factory wiring which for the most part has been cut out.

Coming out of the column stalk switches there is a heavy red wire, a heavy yellow wire, a heavy black wire and a lightweight green wire.

Yellow wire I have been able to trace and re-connect
    Black wire I have also been able to re-connect.
    Small green appears to trigger a relay at the main board so should be able to sort that one.
    Red one, trouble! Wiring diagram shows the red going to a unit marked as Number 21. BUT..........weirdly Number 21 in the legend for the wiring diagram has nothing written against it to tell you what 21 actually is.

Of all the numbers, only 21 has no description. Has anybody else struck this or have any idea what number 21 on the wiring diagram is?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    The 144/77 OM addendum for the 1977 N.A. Version 308GT4 shows:

"21 - Intermittance with with relay for windscreen wiper"

that has a large (red) R wire coming from the stalk switch assembly (send me an email at [email protected] -- don't want to post copyrighted material). What year/version 308GT4 are you working on? You would need a copy of the 100/74 OM for 1975 N.A. Version 308GT4 to have the complete index (but 144/77 does have a complete new schematic). Since you say that 21 is blank in your OM copy = that's the 91/74 OM for early euro version 308GT4.

3. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden

Thanks Steve, been a while. Working on Testarossa seems easier than these old 308's.

4. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    That may be n optional thing Steve. I've seen some GT4's with a separate control for intermittent wipers below the standard three switches and indicator lights on the right side of the instrument panel. But my early car doesnt have this so still wondering what this heavy gauge red wire could be for.