"A Ferrari Is Just A Car..." | Page 3 | FerrariChat

"A Ferrari Is Just A Car..."

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Golden Steed, Mar 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sid is already a better American than damn near every current liberal already here in the US ...

Good on ya Sid- you make it to Maryland and the first round is on me.

Mike

2. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Thats like telling my wife that Tiffany's is just jewelry.

Golden Steed likes this.
  3. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    Ugh. Come on man, let's not drag down half of America. I promise you that me, and the millions of other Liberal military veterans have done more for this country than the screaming masses of angry "Lib" haters.

We're all on the same team. Lets act like it.

dodici, vrsurgeon and 2cam like this.
  4. Patrick Pickett

Feb 6, 2019
    Midvale Utah
    Full Name:
    Patrick Pickett
    Well said.

Golden Steed likes this.
  5. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Probably a leftie, Trump Hater...
    Like somebody said to me "colorful tin can"... Go figure.

AREDSTALLION and Formula Uno like this.
  6. 53ford

53ford Karting

Nov 13, 2009
    They're not "just a car" when they won't start. That's when they become a ****ing car.

7. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    A hipster driving a Prius or an angry lesbian in a Subaru Forester?;)

8. Davsk1

Davsk1 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I often refer to it as just a car to other people, it is in terms of working on it, it's just like any other car just parts are a bit more expensive.

The thing with Ferrari is it always seems to provoke a reacton, good or bad, like most art really. Even the comment 'its just a car' is a reaction, you wouldn't make that sort of comment about any car.

9. Golden Steed

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    Now, what would I be doing with an angry lesbian?

I prefer slutty fashionistas. They don't know, or care, about politics.

And while I myself am no fan of the buffoonish embarrassment that is our Draft Dodger In Chief, I think we're better off trying to find common ground than focusing on the things that set us apart.

2cam, Formula Uno and daytona355 like this.
  10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That made be double up with laughter! Dis Trump before the comma, appeal to common ground after! A classic of the genera. :)

Let's not go all P&R here.

11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You just beat me to it. Ridiculing Trump is so ingrained in the leftist culture. I think its become a way to prove your street creds to all of your mainstream media and Hollywood cronies.

Kevin

12. Golden Steed

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    My point is simply this: just because we disagree that doesn't mean we have to be enemies. There's more to a man than just his politics.

Cheers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

VAF84, 2cam, Formula Uno and 2 others like this.
  13. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #63 kes7u, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    AMEN!!!

The only problem is that it is difficult making friends with the other side when you so freely spout your negative opinions of the other side's president. (Twice in this thread already)

It just feels to me that so many on both sides, but particularly the left, wake up in the morning primarily identifying as part of their political party. That is bizarre to me. I wake up in the morning proud to be a husband, dad, physician, guitar player, Ferrari owner, etc...... NOWHERE in there is pride with some political affiliation. I just find that bizarre. Move beyond it, people!!!!

Kevin

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Thank God for Ferrari, Ducati, Lamborghini, Maserati , Kawasaki , Suzuki , BMW , Porsche !! My dream is to also own a Lambo and a Porsche I dont think that folks who own other cars like Vette and Mustang think they are " just a car" If your a car enthusiast you thank God for whatever car you dream of thats now in your Garage. I think the same of motorbikes

Thank you

15. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Got my point.
    Not into political conversation and Trump might be far from being a perfect president but people who wants to equalize everything (downwards) are mindless or dangerous.
    Like someone said to me once:
    "regardless our job all of us we should get paid the same."
    So a maid must get paid equally as a doctor. No wonder why Trump is a bad guy...

Formula Uno likes this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t know how anyone could disagree with a statement ‘make America great again’ because surely the whole point in existing is to become better people, financially more stable, intellectually more effective..... ? In my opinion, America has always been great, but the last decade or so, it seems as a visitor that the country has been struggling a bit (it’s still a darn sight better than any other country to live in though) but from the outside in, it seems to be getting stronger and more effective every day.

Remember, the world NEEDS a strong USA, you lead the world in every area of life, and the world looks to you for guidance in every way. I remember a saying that was prevalent in the Uk a while ago - When America sniffs, the world gets a cold - the one thing the rest of the world does NOT have in common, save Russia, is a strong leadership unafraid to make changes that are necessary, to protect their countries decisively. While I agree sometimes the tweets are too much, at least the world sits up and takes note when America speaks these days, which is the way it should be

anunakki, Dakota, DrewH and 2 others like this.
  17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I must admit I have read this entire thread, and I can tell that it seems to effect people in different ways. Many posts have nothing to do with cars, or even what posters think about cars. I think all cars, are cars, I am not able to see them any other way. I also kept hearing the theme song to Mr. Ed in my head the entire time I read all this. I cannot figure out why though, I guess that gives me something to try and figure out.

18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Well, you are on the autism spectrum, no? I've met some musicians with a similar makeup to you. Some aspects of humanity they possess to a very high degree, while others are almost completely absent. So I would not expect you to be able to bond with cars and motorcycles as I do, viewing them romantically as adventure and freedom machines that give me a sense of satisfaction second only to composing music. There is almost nothing more satisfying than a road trip to places I've never been on a Beemer or in a Ferrari. I've done over 100K miles of adventures on BMW motorcycles alone, and am now over 30K miles in Ferraris (And I'm doing 101 up the west coast this fall in my 360). These solo adventures have been one of the things I live for since I took my first adventure in an X1/9 the summer of '76. Honestly, many people do not understand why I love riding and driving adventures, and the machines that make that possible, as much as I do. And I don't understand why they don't get it either! :)

stavura, mikegr and Formula Uno like this.
  19. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
  20. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    It is a car (notice the exclusion of 'just') but also a hobby. One man's pleasure is another man's method of transport. I also don't much care for golf but plenty do.

21. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    No thanks. I prefer to keep my sovereignty and independance as far as possible and do not want to be led by a foreign nation and its politicians which I did not elect, no matter whether this is the USA, China or Russia. The world is changing and our thinking should too. One of the very few things I agreed with Trump is that the USA should stop its adventures abroad and that each country/region should be responsible for its own military defense and well being (which does not exclude international cooperation between friendly nations).

Golden Steed likes this.
  22. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This sums it up.....another post asked "will you drive it in the snow, salt, winter, etc?".....answer yes, it just a car to me.....a beautifully sounding crazy expensive car I love to drive and hate to look at sitting....I'll drive it any chance I get....it will plummet in depreciation no matter what so I will drive the hell out of it any chance I get....it does the same things my other cars do....point A to B.....It' just a lot more fun in a Ferrari....

tomc likes this.
  23. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Speedster up coast highway in 1970 - ethereal. Just a car? No way.

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I absolutely agree, don’t take me saying America needs to be great for the world as meaning America has to get involved, I mean that she has to strengthen herself and make herself the shining example of culture, democracy, opportunity and strength, but I don’t want her wading in to sort other’s problems, let them learn by their mistakes, and when they **** up, let them rebuild.

25. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Some people are devoid of the car gene. That's OK. It is just a car. But for some it is a passion which is a good thing to have. Separates us from the other bugs on this rock. If your genderless associate doesn't share your passion then so be it. Maybe next time get them drunk and draw mustaches on them with permanent ink or perhaps a Prancing Horse logo.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Formula Uno and daytona355 like this.