Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 38 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    Hi everyone, fairly new to the site in terms of being registered but I always enjoyed lurking around anything to do with Ferrari. As a boy growing up I always loved what a Ferrari stood for in the racing world and the shear presence of a Ferrari production car. I've always said that one day I will own one and still working towards that goal which doesn't seem to far around the corner these days. I have always focused more on the 2 seaters such as the 84 308 ( my birth year) or a 550 or a 360 all within an affordable range for me. However, I have ling forgotten about another simple beauty the 456.. I always appreciated what that car was about and now that I'm older with a family of my own (2 young kids) I really am thinking of getting more in depth with exactly which color combo and which generation of the 456 I will likely lean towards. If any of you would care to shed some light I'm all ears. I would also like to know since this is somewhat a rare vehicle what are my best options of being able to test drive one.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The 456 is a good choice for you because it will probably be quite a while before your kids outgrow the back seat. I don't have any first-hand experience with the model, but I'd guess the later 456M would probably be a bit preferable, and I think a six-speed will improve your resale value, unless someone who will drive the car can't drive a stick. Hopefully some 456 veterans will chime in to help you out. The main thing is to get a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) by a knowledgeable mechanic, and try to get a car with as many service records and supporting documents (owners' manual, bill of sale, etc) as possible. A Carfax report is worthwhile but they are far from infallible.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  3. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I post in sections around the forum, but still probably a lurker in most senses.

In the next 1-1.5 years I will be making my first Ferrari purchase. Looks like I'll most likely be going with a 348 assuming I can find clean driver in my budget ($40-50k).

I'll probably be one of the poorer owners, making under $100k a year myself, and I know whichever vehicle I get will possibly be parked for long periods of time as I learn to fix it myself (or if I time it right, I'll do repairs over our seemingly 5 month long winter :).

The future wife and I are setting budgets, and she's supportive of my automotive hobby as long as I don't dip into any shared accounts. Being that she makes at least 2x what I do every year, it's important to me that I make sure I'll be carrying the full weight of this purchase myself, including repairs.

MaurizioAM likes this.
  4. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi guys, my name is Jeff and I live in Ohio. I have always wanted a Ferrari and have finally reached the point where I can (sort of) afford one. So far I’m enjoying the hunt...thinking of a black 308GTS or 328GTS. Looking forward to participating!

5. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Jeff
    You got good taste. Here is my 85 QV GTS black/red. I like the 308's interior with the classic look carried over from the Dinos/Daytonas. My other 85 QV GTS is in plum and creama interior. They are still within reach so get one soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  7. mikeswplt

mikeswplt Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2007
    Lago Vista, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2678791 Long time
    lurker, first time owner. Just took delivery of my first Ferrari, a 95 F355 GTB. Been thinking about it for many years and looked at both the 360 and 355. Came across this pristine 13k mi Berlinetta that checked all the boxes and figured I wasn’t getting any younger so pulled the trigger. Took it right out on a twisty Texas hill country road and had a grin plastered on my face all the way back home. This website has been an invaluable source of information on purchasing and owning a Ferrari as well as providing other interesting and entertaining threads to read. I’m sure it will provide more as I experience firsthand the reality of Ferrari ownership.

8. Jon Mercurio

Jon Mercurio Rookie

Jan 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Mercurio
    Hello Everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am a new Ferrari owner and so excited to fulfill a childhood dream. I was finally just delivered my 2005 F430 with 21k miles. It has the carbon ceramic brake package, Racing seats and a custom stereo system with back up camera.
    I also opted to change the wheels and upgraded to 20" (btw selling the stock wheels if anyone is interested)
    I am absolutely in love and am ecstatic to be a fellow Ferrarian

Safe Travels and hope everyone enjoys the upcoming weather!

Attached Files:

9. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  10. TBone425

TBone425 Rookie

Apr 15, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Christopher Taylor
    New as of yesterday. Looking at getting into a 308, 348, or 355. I currently own a number of Porsche cars from old to modern. I turn my own wrenches (mostly) and I’m trying to get an idea of the amount of DIY write-ups and community support in the Ferrari community. Also starting to look at buyers guides and model nuances. Very active in the Porsche forums....trying to get a feel for the Ferrari forums....info, activity, parts, cars for sale etc.

Thanks!!

11. darkostoj

darkostoj Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
    Hi Guys, lurker here. I currently have a 430 and a new to me 458.

12. bryangreene3

bryangreene3 Rookie

Apr 28, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Bryan Greene
    Hi, I'm Bryan J. Greene and automotive blog reader and writer in web and Nothing else.

13. ggbh8

ggbh8 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011
    Patras, Greece
    Full Name:
    George
    Hello to all,

Been a member for many years but only decided to post for the first time today. Have owned multiple Ferrari's in the past and hope to own one in the future again.

May you all enjoy driving in good health

14. menno

menno Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Germany
    Hi all, new owner here! Black 2003 360 spider.

15. A-Rogue

A-Rogue Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Good Morning all,

Long time (intermittent) lurker here.

I'm 36 years old. Newly minted physician (second career).

I currently own a BMW M235i which I may swap out for a friends 2018 M3 in the spring/summer of 2020.

I've been keeping my eye on the FF market. If they dip in the 80-100k range like many seem to predict I will probably pull the trigger in a year and a half (that's the goal).

Glad to be here.

16. Davfoto

Davfoto Rookie

Aug 13, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Blake Davenport
    New member and first post.

Name is Blake and I a member on rennlist under the same username. I own a 2013 Cayenne GTS (not exactly a Porsche sportscar but it drives great!). I am in the same boat as Ryan above, not exactly super well off but looking to start a new business and want to gather information as I go. I would love to own a 458 or F12 one day but it will take some time for me to accumulate the necessary money for one of those.

I'm probably going to lurk more than post as I don't have any technical information or otherwise to share yet.

17. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Welcome Blake!

Cayenne GTS is a great car.

18. Jscim

Jscim Rookie

Sep 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Steve here - i need 5 posts to be able to private message in the classified section; looking forward to purchasing our first pony and joining the community formally.

MalcQV likes this.
  19. ak86

ak86 Rookie

Nov 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andreas Koeberl
    Andy here, I'm in the same boat :)

20. Cazenave101

Cazenave101 Rookie

Jul 19, 2019
    South Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hello All. My first post here. So, let's see....I am here because of the release of a mid 90s Korn video, Rob Ferretti, and a page I follow on instagram, @lionworks. I no longer listen to Korn but in the video "Got the Life" I seen the F355 and it was instant love. Knowing it was impossible to own I just dreamed of owning one and forgot about it. One day I happened across Rob Ferretti on youtube, liked what I saw and watched more videos. He uploaded a video of how a Ferrari 360 is obtainable and I started believing it was possible. Not sure how long I've been following lionworks on instagram but I use his page to keep me focused on actually owning a Ferrari. His F355 must be the happiest alive because he sure knows how to run it. An F355 Spider or a 360 Spider are the two I would be satisfied with owning with the 355 being first. If any one of you know someone that has a 355 close to my location let me know, maybe we can arrange a visit with them so I can actually see one in person, maybe even buy it haha.

21. Bilal Khan

Bilal Khan Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bilal Khan
    Hi all!

ive been lurking for a month or so but looking for my first FCar! Couldn’t be more excited and humbled to be in a position in life to make that a reality.

I have had a number of cars on my journey here and currently have a track spec’d GTR in the garage and looking to add the weekend canyon/cruising toy.

Looking at 430 Scuderia’s as my first FCar.

David246GT likes this.
  22. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    Finally got my first Ferrari. I had been looking for a clean 599 but came across a 2014 F12 and fell in love with it. Very nice car. I traded in a very custom 2013 Corvette ZR1 and a 2012 Laguna Seca Boss 302. Still have a 2019 ZR1.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jon Mercurio and NbyNW like this.
  23. Henry Bex

Henry Bex Rookie

Mar 6, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Henry Bex
    Care to send a picture? I'd love to see how the custom radio turned out.

24. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Congrats, the F12 is a beauty especially in that color.

25. 96TR

96TR Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Rollins
    Hi Folks,

ive just purchased my first Ferrari. A 2009 f430 so expect me here asking quite a lot of questions as time goes on lol.

My first question is - on my dashboard it has a different plaque to others I’ve seen. Most just say ‘F430’. Mine says ‘F430’ then directly underneath ‘MoMo’

I’m just curious as to what that’s about? Any ideas?

love the car so far and very happy!

Any thoughts welcomed!

Tony

jm2 likes this.