Clutch | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Clutch

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by John Mc, Feb 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Some parts are...and I did find the slave clutch cilinder at Lancia that fits mondial QV at half the F price.
    I change the slave seal every 2 years to avoid moisture inside the cilinder...
    Guido

2. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Thanks again Guido.
    Is there an idiot’s guide on the forum on how to bleed the clutch cylinder. I have ordered new seals but want to make sure I am doing everything correctly.
    Thanks again

3. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Not sure I was doing it properly first time

4. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    John, tup up your reservoir, just make shure the bleed screw is closed at the slave cilinder. Start pumping but dont all the way down. Let 1" at final pedal way because the master piston can block inside the cilinder. Once pressure is building up, let pedal down, and let someone open bleed screw slave cilinder. In time air and brake fluid will start coming out. Close bleed screw..
    Repeat several time until NO air is coming out, only fluid (always make shure reservoir has enough fluid !).
    It can take some time because of the multi curves the line has.
    Guido

5. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Thank you (again) for your advice.
    Will have a go at the weekend

6. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Gents.
    A small query. Most of you appear to have LHD cars so on the basis that I have a RHD should I be taking off the opposite wheel etc to one that you suggest i.e your driver’s side is the opposite to mine.
    Sorry if that is a stupid question. Keen to learn but I still have my stabilisers on and enjoying working on the car

8. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    By the way, I really appreciate all of your suggestions and assistance

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The engine is still in the same way, rear left on uk car, same as the lhd. Google Eurospares uk, find ferrari mondial model and look at clutch diagram

10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    There has always been a left and a right side for all cars. Is that different in Britain?

11. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    John, Here we dont have stupid questions...
    Rhd and Lhd have booth engines in the same place. So to work on the booth slave cilinders, you need to remove left rear wheel and inner linner.
    Differences : the lines coming from front to rear that have different directions for brakes, handbrakes and clutch.
    Guido

12. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Agreed but when members have been giving me assistance and told me the driver's side, I was not sure if their car was a LHD or RHD car, as obviously the driver would sit on the opposite sides and I have a RHD car.

13. snoutmeat

snoutmeat Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I know the post is now 3 years old, but I want to know how the story ends! I, too, stepped into the car and had the clutch pedal go to the floor...

14. John Mc

John Mc Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Herts, UK
    Hi there.
    After following the advice from everyone on here, as well as using the various written guides, I changed the seals and the issue was sorted. Not too bad to do in terms of technical know-how. More of an issue due to the fact that the garage where I store the car has very little space and no power o_O

afterburner likes this.