Gold California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gold California

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bob Zambelli, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Colour looks like Nocciola Metallizzato? Said to be owned by Lee Herrington of Bow, New Hampshire.

RenaissanceMan likes this.
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What a great thread. Keep those photos going please.

3. RenaissanceMan

Aug 13, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Adam Nitti
    Thanks for the info... I researched a little and found an old picture from a concourse event in which it showed the car as being blue at some point? Not 100% sure that the caption/description would have been accurate but I wonder if the car underwent another color change before returning to the original gold??

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Do you have the picture of the car painted blue and the caption or a link to where they can be seen?

5. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    WOW!
    A real blast from the past... I remember in 1978/79(?) getting shopped this car(60)K USD?) along with a late, steel SWB, from AD.
    Both cars showed well- with fresh paint-remember, it WAS the late 70's, and AD was the original "founder," per se, of "300Sl Services(Marblehead or Topsfield????), or "Gullwing Services"???(god it was a long time ago, so exact naming is just old man memories here..), now Paul Russel's shop(???),

The Cal Spy: it was killer paint job, for those cars, in that time snapshot.
    But, having been involved with 1699GT the previous year(shopped at 38K-ish, I told him I thought he was "a bit optimistic" for j"just a steel, LWB spyder"...
    Ugh, ....another one from: I can't believe I let that those two slip through my fingers....don't even start with 1699...
    THAT was a special car, but at that age, I didn't really think it was that special, after all, I'd stumbled onto 1641 at a buddies shop at the same time in '78!
    How rare could they be?
    I eventually pulled 1615 with a buddy out of Scandinavia 15+ years ago-they ARE special cars...real "Cheinetti boy racer" cars...
    Oh the memories....

375+, lgs and Aardy like this.
  6. RenaissanceMan

Aug 13, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Adam Nitti
    AtSomePoint, GHG, colombo2cam and 2 others like this.
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    WOW
    deep winter time ;)

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    $20k in the 70s was a lot not?

9. Evan Cox

Evan Cox Rookie

Feb 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Evan cox
    #34 Evan Cox, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2020
    What a small world. My dad(doug jr) posted a photo of the Ferrari he grew up with so i had to look more in to it. I never seen thecar in person since i was born in 1994 but always heard the stories. Funny to see people follow thehistory so closely! My grandfather was doug sr. Ill post a photo of it from july 1969

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Story was my grandfather sold it for his daughter's wedding. Not tlong ago with my uncle we joked that he if he k ew he would have said screw the wedding just gift us the car! Im sure yall will get a kick out of that

375+ likes this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    readplays, donv, steved033 and 2 others like this.