Help doing inspection at Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale | FerrariChat

Help doing inspection at Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Florida' started by baguns, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Hi FChat community - I'm from southern California but working on a deal on an FF at Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale. Ideally I would want to see the car in person (I have never purchased any car sight unseen). Unfortunately my scheduled won't allow me to get out to FL until late next week, and we're trying to close the deal within the next few days (I do feel a little rushed on this with the dealer).

FFL won't allow the car to be taken off their lot to do a PPI, but they will allow someone to inspect their car in their facility (they'll put the car on the lift, etc.).

Is there anyone that can go out to take a look at this car over the next few days (March 6-9) for me?

The car is a 2013 FF, and dealer says it's CPO so it has gone through rigorous inspection. There is 1 more year of free maintenance on the car left, and since it's CPO, it qualifies for Ferrari extended warranty (which I'm leaning towards getting). The dealer says it's a very clean car, and when it was traded in and went through inspection, it needed absolutely nothing. I understand FFL is the largest F dealership and has a very solid reputation. Am I being too paranoid to have someone look at the car, or should the CPO give me peace of mind?

Much thanks. Eugene

2. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    It’s always good to have a second opinion, even though FoFL has a great reputation.

Matt Burns (954 328 2089) is a Ferrari technician with the appropriate software for the newer models.

Eddy Fiuza (954 415 5170) is a high end detailer that has the paint detection software and equipment for analyzing paint for any repainting.

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase.

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for the referrals. I’ll contact them tomorrow.

I was able to change my schedule to look at the car this Saturday, but it would be good to have an expert with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    ferrari has a perfect reputation
    I would not hesitate buy a car unseen that they say is ok

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale - great people

6. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I recently bought a TR that had an $18k engine out major service there last March and when I got it home to NY and it smelled like gas, Bradan found rotted fuel lines leaking gas on the belts and everywhere else, rotted engine mounts, leaking main seal and a melted, frankensteined fuse panel. Basically have to do it over. My experience has not been that encouraging. I took it to Ferrari Long Island which is apparently owned by same owner as FoFL and they said yep this stuff wasn’t done. Still trying to resolve it. Get a second opinion 100%.

7. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Just remember they are basically a used car dealer..

8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Yes and whom I have had a lot of experience with

9. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Any chance the invoice was faked or did you buy the car from them?

10. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thx for Q, no to both questions. The dealer I bought it from took it there on behalf of their client. I spoke with the service manager. There's no doubt, and FoLI pulled up the same records. They did offer me a discount on additional work they recommended, and I'm still paying for them to inspect the car and install safe, new fuel return lines, but I think I have to bend over and just get it all redone correctly. She's getting picked up next week by Bradan. I called Ferrari N. America but you can only really get to the media contacts.

11. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you can somehow get past this and be able to enjoy your Ferrari.

12. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    @ mrpe- sorry to hear about your experience with the TR. I’m not an expert by any means, but I think buying a 35 year old car from anyone (dealer, non-dealer, etc) will be challenging for anyone unless they do this for a living.

Thanks to the group for your opinions and advice. I ended up going to FFl yesterday and bought the FF.

I researched the car extensively beforehand, and Hank sent me the maintenance records before my visit so I had time to review it and ask questions.

The car is Ferrari CPO and I also got 2 year extended power warranty, so that was helpful in giving me peace of mind.

The FF is a newer car and based on talking to a couple of independent mechanics seemed that they are considerably more reliable vs the older Ferrari’s. Aside from obvious issues (bad paintwork, repaired panels, car pulling to one side, not accelerating or shifting properly, wet lines/leaks) it would be difficult to really inspect and see problems with the transmission, PTU, etc.

For any out of state folks, ferrari ft Lauderdale is really an adult candy store. I don’t have a lot of comparison to other Ferrari dealerships, but they had a lot of very cool cars in their showroom including La Ferrari aperta ($7mm anyone?), f-50, several 812 superfasts, etc. They’re also expanding right next store building a 3 story building to expand their showroom. I’m going to have to find an excuse to go out there after that construction is completed lol. Image Unavailable, Please Login

bball16 likes this.
  13. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Outstanding, and I didn't mean to distract your thread with my sorrows. Your FF looks amazing, congrats.

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hank is great guy

15. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks. And no worries about talking about your challenges. Very reason why I wanted some feedback/help from the community. Helps us all learn if there is a silver lining.

mrp_e likes this.
  16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Hank is there # 1 asset..

17. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  18. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Great color. Only saw blacks, white, and silver for sale mostly. There was a yellow but didn’t seem right on the FF. The rc maybe too bright? But your red looks perfect!

19. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Rossi Mugello,2015.

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner