Ferrari Opus at auction | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Opus at auction

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by kevin323, Nov 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I’d be interested as well. To be clear I’m in line after others who have expressed interest in this thread.

Also I’m only interested in the “lower end” versions of the book. Especially since I’d open it and such.

2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I believe there is actually a Ferrari Opus app you can buy for your device if you do want to read the content in an easier format.
    Anyone have any more information about it and how to purchase?

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    The Silverstone Auctions copy sold today for £4500.

4. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Yes, there's actually an ebook-edition. Search for 'Ferrari Opus App' and you'll find it - for Apple devices- in the iOS-Appstore for € 8,99. LOL!

I really love Ferrari-books -for instance my 'Ferrari in Camera'- which was 'cheap' for € 350.00 back in 1996. But thousands for something, which shows nothing, what wasn't seen elsewhere before.... No thanks!

Best from Germany
    Martin

Rosey likes this.
  5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks Martin, I'll check it out on the App store.

6. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Mark,

sorry I have to correct myself. You won't find it on the Appstore. It's located in iTunes. Just do the search in your ibooks app, which is part of each stock iOS.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best from Germany
    Martin

Rosey likes this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You will also find it on Amazon for Kindle for $10. I just ordered it and put it on my desktop PC.

Rosey likes this.
  8. outlaw_singer

outlaw_singer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2015
    Hi guys, a friend of mine is considering selling his Opus enzo edition and asked me where to put it up for sale. I thought of this place as the first place to go for some info and that how I landed here.

The thing is, he would like to get €10k for it for the book, as new, with the carbon cover. I'm not sure if that's in the ballpark for one of these nowadays?

9. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
  10. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    Opus sold on ebay for 3000USD in Feb 2019....

11. outlaw_singer

outlaw_singer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2015
    I see. My friend declared the price on the one on ebay. 3k$ indeed but it didnt have any of the autographs in it. Nor did it have the carbon cover which seems to be quite special on it's own.

Another thing which determines the value for the biggest part is condition. According to him, a new piece fetches up to 250% of the price of a used one.

P.S.: the 6000€ one on the dutch site is a rampant edition which sold new for about 1/5th of the price of the opus.

12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #37 Rosey, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Remind me again on how many different versions of Opus there are.

I have seen some of the Classic of 4100 copies with and without the signatures ?

Is this extract below correct...

An 'Enzo' edition costs $34,925, is limited to 400 copies, is presented in a carbon-fibre casing, and is available with a bespoke bookstand created by interior designers Candy and Candy.

There are 500 versions of the Cavallino Rampante version, which costs $6545 and is signed by a number of Ferrari legends.

Ferrari's most affordable Opus is the 'Classic', of which 4100 copies are available worldwide. Priced at $3520, it's encased in a silk-cloth case and is signed by current Ferrari F1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

13. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Opus must make a killing on these books... I really don't understand the appeal, but I'm obviously not the target client.

14. outlaw_singer

outlaw_singer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2015
    I agree on that. Insane money for a book imo. But the thing is: they manage to sell them...

My friends book is gone as well btw.

15. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
  16. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
  17. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Goodwood auction copy sold for $3,200 usd

18. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès
    #43 PinoAl, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    Just got this new Opus.
    It’s about Bernie Ecclestone’s F1 car Collection.
    There are 25 chapters, each chapter tells the story of each car (its history and personal stories from Luca di Montezemolo and Bernie), plus photos from races history, etc...
    320 Pages, 100 copies worldwide.
    Signed by Ecclestone and Luca di Montezemolo.
    Really nice.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EDIT: NO, IT'S NOT FOR SALE. DON'T CONTACT ME TO ASK!

Terzeus1, Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.
  19. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    You could ask Albert Obrist how he feels about 'good old Bernie', acquiring some of his F1 (and other) cars.

20. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès
    Please share

pilotoCS likes this.
  21. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Albert Obrist is a Swiss business man, who once owned one of the most exquisite Ferrari collections in the world. Obrist was temporarily short of cash, and Bernie was willing to provide that cash, with Obrist's collection as a collateral. In the end Bernie decided just to keep the collection against the alleged interest of Obrist. BE kept the F1 cars and sold the others, thereby destroying Obrist's life work. I was not there and I cannot provide you with details, I only had one brief conversation with Obrist a long time ago, and he seemed pretty decent. Let's say Bernie is no angel.

22. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès
    Yep, I know Albert story, and I knew about his stunning collection.
    I also know Bernie is not an angel, and actually if you read his biography he doesn’t claim to be one (angel).
    I’ve never met Albert, and I only know what I read around. Albert was struggling financially, and Bernie hasn’t been the only one taking advantage of that situation. Many banks took Albert’s cars as well to pay off his debt. Unfortunately, when there’s money involved friends disappear, and everybody behaves like sharks to protect their own interests.

Lusso123 and bloomberg like this.
  23. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Not at auction, but Horton’s currently have one for sale in the UK.

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I have a copy of the original posted to itunes/app store on my ipad 1 from about 2010. There's a couple threads on it in the archives.
    IMHO - it was a terrible implementation of an e-book. The version noted above does have a sample available and it does not look like the one on my ipad.
    It would be nice if I could convert my old one to a new format, but I'm told I can't even copy it to a newer device :(

25. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    that's unfortunate you are not able to copy it to a newer device, certainly one of the downsides of digital.
    did you check with the apple genius bar? sometimes clever kids there can find a work-around with older formats/devices.