What Is a Reasonable Price Over Sticker To Pay For Pista? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

What Is a Reasonable Price Over Sticker To Pay For Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F355 Fan 82, Jan 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Pista will probably resist better than F8 because it has a "marketing support" (claimed exclusivity, opposite from value-for-money; making people happier for paying more).
    However the Speciale might be misleading, because it benefited from a relatively low initial selling price while that's not the case of the Pista.
    A Speciale now sells close to its MSRP (in spite of being 4 years old), and it's been higher than MSRP for a while - however in spite of how great it is, the fact is that today people are paying far less for a Speciale than for a new Pista.
    By the same argument people say in the end an old 488 will sell for a price close to that of an old 458, it seems likely to me that a few years from now an old Pista will sell for a marginally higher price than an old Speciale - meaning the Pista initial buyer will never get back the €100K more he payed compared to a Speciale initial buyer.

boobernackle likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think you'd really want to know when BB is coming out (and, actually available) before cancelling a Pista order for an F8 imho. It may prove a costly exercise otherwise.

3. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Are these USA prices? In the UK a new dealer sold Pista, with a good spec are cheaper than used, low milage, Speciales.

4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Didn’t get that Pista allocation did ya bud? :rolleyes:

Whatever..

09Scuderia and Gullwing like this.
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Europe prices from mobile.de: €235K gets you a high mileage Speciale (about 30,000 miles) and for €330K you get a new (from a few tens to a few hundreds miles) Speciale, so a 'new' Speciale is the price of a base new Pista (which does not exist since even a poor spec Pista would have at least €20K options).
    You can get a Speciale with less than 10,000 miles, from an official Ferrari dealer, for less than €300K - these are advertised prices, so actual prices might be even lower.

6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like I need to export some Speciales to the UK.

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep you are correct with that,but i wasn't exactly surprised.;)

dmark1 likes this.
  8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    LOL...lots of people fell into that category for sure.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    True , and lots of people didn't even bother trying.

10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    they are extremely desirable here, my friend sold his mint example for just under £400,000 last week.

some normal 458's are trading for more money than higher mileage 488's too

iloveferrari and of2worlds like this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    400k for Pista or Speciale?

12. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Speciale, high spec and extremely low miles (owned had 2)

iloveferrari and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  13. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    #213 twist-a-grip, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Broker near me had a Pista for $140k over. He called me out of the blue to see if I was interested. Since I didn't know ask or MSRP at the time, I told him to send along details even though I have little to no interest in a Pista. I told him it was a cool car, but not something in which I'm interested at that price. Been called three times since and he's down to $100k over - I'm not even making counteroffers, just taking the call with him throwing out numbers. First drop was $10k, second was another $10k, but the last one, after the F8 reveal, was $20k. As many have speculated, seems the F8 is already affecting Pista premiums.

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'm not sure these claimed premiums actually ever existed - people can ask or claim what they want, actual transactions are a different matter.

15. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    My local AD just got a delivery miles Pista for sale at $599k with a $460k window sticker. It’s not listing or open to market tho. I asked them and they said they are firm on the pricing, they don’t worry about it at all. Someone will walk in and buy the car anyway. Just for reference.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Or not.
    If they received the car not long ago (and specially if it's a consignment) I don't see why they would not express confidence, it's part of the game.
    For some time they'll try to make the most of it, if they're lucky (or the market is actually that strong) they'll make easy money, otherwise they will revert to reality when they'll get bored of waiting.
    Most owners don't really need the money right now, so they are able to wait - which does not mean they'll get what they firmly ask.
    Let's double check one year from now.

LARRYH likes this.
  17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And I firmly believe they will have the car forever at that price. LOL

18. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    ^^ I don’t care. I have mine coming. Lol. Just some extra info I got. Means nothing to me cuz I’m not buying or selling it.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    What has been the MSRP for a Pista?

20. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    From what I have seen, $380k - $410k is like poverty spec. $430k - 450k is mediocre. $480k + would have all the CF options and some others.

Rembrandt, Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  21. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    $450k is not bad unless you add another $100k or more in buying a Lusso. I'm guessing F8 will be $320-350k after $50k in upgrades. Interesting.

iloveferrari likes this.
  22. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I still can't figure out what we are supposed to take away from all these pricing speculations, the only price that matters is the number written on the check when the car is picked up, and even then, its relevance is limited to that car, at that location, on that day.

Jim

Shadowfax likes this.
  23. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    Pista and F8 are two different approaches. For the F8 just like 488 and 458, all you need is cf steering wheel, and the rest are up to you, it wouldn't look bad at all, it would be a low option car. However on the Pista, when you see loaded of black plastic parts, it would be very undesirable for the potential buyer. For example, in my case, I have been waiting for the right Speciale to come up for 3 years. If I were to buy a 458, as long as the color fits, everything else I can replace with cf etc....

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have just seen the Pista for the first time in person on the floor at Boardwalk..

It is the prettiest "non halo car" Ferrari in 30 years. (And yes I have owned a Speciale, a Challenge Stradale and a Scuderia.etc .etc.) I am excepting the F40, F50 and the LaFerrari here.

That alone should help keep its value up. Trust me once you actually see one in person you will flip. The engine compartment alone is jewelry.

I couldn't be more stoked about a car.

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    What was the color combination on the Pista that you saw at Boardwalk? Is your order locked in for color choice?

Shadowfax likes this.