F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by John458, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My dealer in Dallas is saying January 2020 for first deliveries too.

09Scuderia likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I still have a lot of fun keeping revs up on my 488 GTB and keeping under speed limit ( or close , as long it not more than 20 kms over ) Because frankly the guy in the Corolla isn't doing the speed limit.

Better to have the extra power and not use it instead of not having enough power , especially when you see VW running rings around 458's

3. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #53 galt, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    It is fantastic that you are happy with your car.

However "keeping the revs up" is not really what I am talking about. There is a big difference between keeping the revs up and full throttle (or full throttle and multiple shifts even better). Realistically, if you are moving in a 488 and you go full throttle for just 3 seconds you will haveou going way faster than 20 kms over the speed limit unless you live in Germany.

I imagine the guys in 250 GTOs go home sad and depressed because there are VWs that are faster. Maybe we can do something to help those poor misguided guys.

I mean if I see another guy in a 275 GTB get suicidal because he gets beat on the drag strip by a Hyundai I don't know what I'll do. Poor souls.

;-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Afonsolaw, theplanner and italiafan like this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I act

I actually know where you are coming from that's why I own a Toyota 86 also to push the sxxt out of it. N/A and fun

galt likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    #55 italiafan, Mar 6, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Love my 458 Spider...fast or slow...sun shining...drive it all over God’s creation....around the back woods of the Ozarks included!

6. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I think it is also what makes the Alfa 4C quite fun.

MANDALAY likes this.
  7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    The entire issue here is that some people bought 488s and feel like they have to justify their purchase by saying its "superior to the 458 in every way". I think that is a rather subjective assessment. Sure the 488 has more juice but it doesn't feel as raw as a 458. I am blessed and price wasn't an issue for me, so before I bought my 458 spider, I drove both the coupe and spider versions of the 458 and 488, I even drove an F12. Are there things the 458 coupe, 488 coupe, 488 spider, and F12 do better than a 458 spider? Yes. Does that make them "superior?" No. I don't understand why there is a daily round between 458 owners and 488 owners. Grow up people. @wrs: at some point didn't you say you got a 488 because you couldn't find a 458 that fit what you were looking for? I think the bottom line is that all of these cars are amazing. Be happy with what you own, and if you aren't get something that you think is better for you. These stupid discussions about whats superior and inferior are a waste of space and time.

JohnTz, 360trev, Bmill and 6 others like this.
  8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    If I didn't have a Pista I would absolutely get an F8. Very cool car. Brillant design features that make for a truly beautiful car. Perhaps one of their all-time best designs? Just be ready for a $400+ all in price for F8.

Ferrari seems to be telling us that the F8 will have a 2-year run... the car that follows will be priced higher and maybe have a v6 with KERS of some sort.

The challenge with cars is that as they age they need to be repaired. How many people will want a 458 once they start having age-related issues?

MartinRS2K, Motorwerks and Shadowfax like this.
  9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017

I want whatever you're smoking...and this is coming from a Pista owner! :eek:

tekaefixe and Silberpfeil like this.
  10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    100% So strange how some can't fathom that someone may have a preference different than theirs.

It goes like:
    My favorite color is blue: Therefore it is superior to green, orange and red. If you like green, obviously you are wrong and you are just telling yourself you like green when we both know you really like blue because it is the superior color.

Very odd...

klinkman, tekaefixe and sampelligrino like this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Has to be the mean kine pakalolo:D

12. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    howsit kamaaina LOL

always appreciate when other locals surface around these parts, not too many of us

Surfah likes this.
  13. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    6 months from deposit to delivery? for first of the line for a new model? That must be some good chit mon.

14. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    first deliveries end of Q1 2020.....for coupè

of2worlds likes this.
  15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    In that case, that is A LOT OF cars for the small price. In relative terms, of course.

16. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    case closed.

IPO1 likes this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    You're funny with your statement of "silly last NA stuff" and "being run down by your mustands and camaros."

galt, IPO1 and Avia11 like this.
  18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    No you are not in the minority.

galt likes this.
  19. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #69 iloveferrari, Mar 6, 2019
    Your post again falls in the category of "my toy is better than yours" It is so boring. So I won't bother. But I am interested to learn more about your statement of "they will fix the sound" when driving a turbo in comparison to the NA engine. How do you fix something that is subjective. I hope you do reckon that we are not simply talking about the decibel. Please enlighten us.

galt likes this.
  20. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Man, you have no idea how those prius are speeding ALL the time!!

galt likes this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Nah, same as "my dong is bigger than yours" mentality. This is a variant of napoleon complex.

galt likes this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #72 Shadowfax, Mar 6, 2019
    Actually, he is just being honest and realistic given the obvious that the majority prefer the new tech these days. I didn't interpret galts post as requiring any props. It was easy to "get" where he was coming from.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. rmk40

rmk40 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Rafi
    It’s surprising this turned into 458 vs 488. It’s a preference. The 488 is a faster car with newer tech. This is fact. Some of us *prefer* the 458. This just means each of us value different characteristics differently. To each their own. Drive what makes you happy.

The original topic was a very subjective question on what we expect to have happen with each car relatively speaking. Classifying a completely subjective question answered by subjective answers as an epeen comparison is pretty silly.

Tell a non-Ferrari owner “I have a ferrari” and they’re immediately interested. That should say enough about every one of these cars.

MartinRS2K, of2worlds, dmark1 and 3 others like this.
  24. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    I had a 2011 458. But I read on a post here that 2014 and 2015 458 didn't have bluetooth music streaming capability.

25. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    If you put it that way, I can laugh about it but lets face it. You buy a new TV or gadget because it has the newest and latest technology even though it looks the same. No difference here.

I loved the feel and sound of my 458 but love the looks and technology of 488. I love both cars but looking to get a 458 again. Also deciding whether to play the F dealer game to get on the F8 list.