NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 7 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    500 cars...£875k

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

Left out a zero, did that twice today. Typing too fast:). 500 global is fairly limited.

875K pounds= 1.15 million USD maybe close to 1.3 million after options/TTL

3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Agreed. I can't even see them putting a similar pricetag on the VS edition that will probably follow, let alone on the "standard" model.

4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Exactly!! I have the feeling Ferrari is treating customers like idiots with half assed engeneering cars. Sure some here will buy anything Ferrari regardless but many wont.
    Really, if the BB comes without CF chassis and many outside parts too (specially because making CF today is MUCH cheaper and its getting even cheaper just like an OLED tv) I will see this just like when I was younger in High School and I brought some half assed home work and expected to get a A. Come on, the teacher (us customers) is not stupid!

And the thing is, it wont come like that ahah, most probably IF it has a carbon fiber tub thats it, front and rear struts just in aluminum to shut us up....

Surfah likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The "baby" Aston (the Vanquish - not baby at all - the Vantage is the baby) will have an aluminium construction. The 003 hypercar will have a carbon tub, and that will be circa £1,000,000. About 500 units: https://www.evo.co.uk/aston-martin/22301/all-new-aston-martin-am-rb-003-revealed-v6-hybrid-hypercar-debuts-at-geneva

6. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Sorry for not trawling through all the threads but am I right in thinking there are private reveals of this model at the factory in May this year ?

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Interesting the air intake is closer to the F8 ? Maybe its a better design than the Pista ?

8. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Very few people understand that the magic with Ferrari is exactly the fact that in most people eyes the cars never live up to the name simply because the brand exceeds the cars.

When I saw Aston Martin car I thought that was amazing and is what ferrari should be doing.
    But then I realized AM is selling dreams that are a little far away in time than curent Ferrari cars.

They have nothing to go against LaF,488gtb,pista,812SF for a few years.
    In that time Ferrari will bring new cars.

In terms of performance AM plans might sound better. But its not a performance game. Not by a mile.

Ferrari has the knowledge to make a car like Valkyrie, but they rarely play by other game rules other then theyrs.

As far as market strategy Ferrari realized the v8 berlinetta need update, and came with F8 Tributo, and then made this big brother to catch a more performanced oriented customers.

They dont need to stole Mc/AM customers because the cars are limited. But they want the presence at the top of the game

fil and ingegnere like this.
  9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I should not have used halo, as yes that is a LaF replacement. Better top of the range model delivering supercar performance. La F was though, seriously underpriced, and Ferrari know it and were asked by investors why they left so much money on the table for that and other models . Ferrari have also noted that there is a segment, or price position, that they have not had an offer in, and it is the 750k to a million. This will be resolved. Maybe via the 488 top of the range model, or another vehicle (all dream of a V12 mid engine) car. When you have a competitor selling 500 cars in that price range, and it essentially an extreme version of a standard car, as a manufacturer you are not going to sit still. Your competitor showed the stretch of essentially the same core car. For the top of the range car, it will depend on the level of change there is to chassis and design. If it is a Pista with a battery as some suggest then no it will not be priced into a new segment, if it is a new chassis, extreme design and performance then it will go in to a new territory.
    Bless

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    If they do a 750k "production car " that will have to be a rear mid engined V12 Hybrid
    IMO customers expect V12 for their 750k Not a V8. Aventatdor replacement should be a
    good indicator of direction in that segment. I don't see a million dollar "production car" anytime soon

Forza Scuderia likes this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The global demand is there for a $1M production car, for sure. Ferrari would be wise to addresss it.

Just as Porsche is leaving money on the table by not having a $500k+ car.

Currently only the aventador is baller.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Porsche I agree with you but not so much on a production 1M car

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m not sure about that. How much were people paying for the 458 Speciale Aperta...?

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You are right , a V12 hybrid rear engine car is missing in the Ferrari range ,
    At Geneva Galliera said the future Ferrari offer will be made to " catch " every potential customer which implies competing against the future hybrid aventador .
    A heavier , more comfy testarossa type of car could easily finds its customers .
    I don't believe they will let Lamborghini alone in this juicy market .
    No need for a passenger cell in carbon ala BB
    BB = 600 K€ - 650 K€ ( starting price )
    New testarossa = 450-500 K €

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    V8 mid engine Hybrid car, as said. Very likely 4WD (electric front axle). No idea of the price and productions numbers, but very likely twice (at least) than the Pista, and 500 pieces or something like that.

Ciao

16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    My friends, Ferrari can ask whatever they want, 1M, 2 why not 99M, but when it’s not limited in numbers can you imagine the hit in second hand market specially when full electric cars are much faster and also unlimited?!
    Do you think the first owners will enjoy such a hit?!

I wouldn’t...

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Do you guys think BB will have a Speciale/Pista version or the BB is in itself and Speciale/Pista?

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Just wondering if the BB could have a brand new downsized V8 , completely different from pista/ F8/488 gtb ?

19. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Right. Seems they're mixing up the LB and BB specs being discussed here on FChat. Thanks to our sources, we know better.

We also know that even with a V6, LB will not necessarily be the new entry level "Dino". In fact by 2021, this role may be taken by the newly introduced F8.

tekaefixe likes this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    We shall see...

23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    SVJ Roadster gorgeous $570K matte bronze 800 units made. Coupe faster than GT2 RS on the Ring.

I agree discerning buyers likely place premium on V12 at this price point.

F2003-GA likes this.
  24. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    I hope you're right!

25. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I’m on the list for the Aston RB003. I would prefer the competitor from Ferrari, but my dealer can’t confirm this yet.
    Thoughts on the RB003 and it’s future value?