Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  2. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    I would say in the US, this was more of a situation of market conditions PRE-720s launch. The McLaren network has grown and matured extensively in the US. I prime driver of sales and service has been an alignment of McLaren dealerships with other high-line car dealerships. For example, it’s common to see McLaren paired with Bentley, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc. This “co-branding” of sorts has really improved public image of McLaren and helped create confidence of commitment. As of late, wait times for parts, service, and delivery have improved by an order of magnitude over just a few years ago. You want to see growing pains, stay away from Tesla...

IPO1 likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    For the love of God will you all stop with endless Mac B.S.!?
    Why do you have to pollute each and every damn thread on FChat!
    You are literally ruining this place.

SPYROS...please post more pix on the F8 thread, then at least it can be about the F8!

Ash Patel, Melons, Viperjoe and 17 others like this.
  4. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Yeah agree more tech talk or renders in different colors of the f8 than the circular debate about Ferrari vs ... If I want to discuss other brands in so much detail I simply take it to that brands respective forums out of respects for others here :)

5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I
    Think if you go back and read, it was the F-car fanboys that started the endless comparisons to 720...and so it begins and never ends. The reality is McLaren is responsible for a lot of these Ferrari challenges and hard to ignore. Seems to be a sore subject for some and anyone replying to 720 hate currently own or have a Ferrari. So Ferrari owners or fans can't talk about there other cars now? Please.

For the record and on topic, I think F8 is a hurried, parts bin mishmash that will not be Ferrari's finest hour. But I will wait to see it in the flesh before rendering a final opinion.

gqa, iloveferrari, Coincid and 2 others like this.
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Or maybe it's because you guys voted for Brexit and your economy sucks lol

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If so, that is pretty incredible for Ferrari. It is surprising though when first time buyers in Australia were able to get Pista allocations.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    @IPO....
    I didn’t say whether it was “Ferrari-based fans” or “Mac-based fans.”
    Of course we can discuss other cars, and we do ALL the time, so get rid of your weak “paper tiger” defense.
    Everyone reading this knows EXACTLY what I am referring to.
    Every thread, regardless of its origins, gets sidetracked by you and your ilk (shadow, motor, socal, gh..., into a series of bickering posts about Mac vs Ferrari...ad nauseum....emphasis on the naseum part.
    Talking about the F8 has NOTHING to do with Mac’s dealership network and cobrands...whatsoever.
    I think when we see these stereotypical deviations the Mods have every right, and duty, to step in and warn people to get back on topic...or permanent thread bans will be placed...until all of you stop this childish battle.
    I’m not the only one here who has absolutely had it with you guys.

Ash Patel, Viperjoe, Avia11 and 2 others like this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    1] I would never think of McLaren at all if you yahoos didn't bring it up all the time. There's a forum for McLaren. Go there with this garbage.

2] For the record, what you think is nonsensical. The F8 is even aerodynamically superior to the 488. You don't achieve that with a hurried, mishmash effort.

10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #760 IPO1, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Paper tiger LOL.

I think some guys should get thicker skin.

Now back to F8 and the parts bin car that it is--that's an opinion, still allowed on a forum. Thanks.

11. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Your opinion proves you are a crackpot. It is not within the realm of reason.

Ash Patel likes this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You couldn't be more off. Go back and see who introduces other makes. Stop crying and jumping on people for stuff fabricated in your own head. Also this is a car forum for "all" of us to enjoy by comparing models and makes. I happen to find it amusing and interesting. Too bad for you if you cant handle it and prefer to stay in a box.

13. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Yes, two F8 on the stand. One Rosso with titanium wheels, one looks like Blue TdF with silver wheels and yellow calipers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sure you do. Road car aero is mind-numbingly easy. There are no real rules and we've been designing race cars, fighter jets, airplanes, rockets, and space shuttles for decades. We know exactly how to design aero on road cars. The only improvements you're seeing are cars willing to get more and more extreme and push customer taste for weirder looking cars. Even active aero was a no-brainer, but they saved it for business reasons. They could have released ages ago.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Is the GT yours? If so, very nice and it is a keeper.

Motorwerks likes this.
  16. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi and jamesdouglas1436 like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Whats with these wheels? They are similar to the std wheels on the 812 and are just awful. This is an easy way to get people to upgrade and spend more $$.

18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I was going to say exact same thing, but didn't want to offend anyone. Rims make or break looks on a car--these look base.

Motorwerks and Gh21631 like this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It seems that it is done on purpose to entice people to upgrade. The 488 std wheels aren't that appealing either. For the official release I would like to see something that is better looking.

Motorwerks and IPO1 like this.
  20. shazbat

shazbat Rookie

Feb 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ben P

Childish.
    Belligerent.
    Personal.

Viperjoe, stavura, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  21. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    They get 200 cars/year. I'd say about 70 f8's (guessing here). 35 new people. It would be alarming if new people would be the ones getting the f8 though.

According to the car enthusiasts that I know in Australia; The Chinese nationals have been driving the demand of exotic cars in Australia. However, that has seemed to come to a hard stop because of the difficulty of getting money out of China now and it's affecting new car and used car exotic sales.

of2worlds, Gh21631 and IPO1 like this.
  22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Another crackpot self-identifies. You should read more about the development of the F8. But you haven't even read this thread, which is obvious.

23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was specifically speaking about the difference a 2.6 car makes from a 3.0 car in my post and I maintain you can’t tell a damn bit of difference in your butt when driving it.

4 to 3.5 maybe.

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No you can’t you are IMAGINING you feel the difference in a 2.6 vs a 3.0 car. Blindfolded you couldn’t tell.

The difference if my calculations are correct (which they probably aren’t) is less than .04G

25. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    If you say so. What else can and can't I feel?

gqa, sampelligrino and IPO1 like this.