488 Replacement | Page 105 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MokiFerrari

MokiFerrari Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    zz
    what does that mean?

2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    They are being lazy on PR resources. ;)
    The car is to have newer interior (like in a yesterday's teaser picture) and 720cv (Pista's engine). C'mon Ferrari, give some spicy details on the looks.

3. MokiFerrari

MokiFerrari Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    zz
    I really want to konw the interior of 488fl looks like,Is there huge difference between 488gtb?

4. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Best way is to wait for the full unveiling. Online reveal is said to take place on Thursday, 28th Feb.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What...wait!?
    Are they implying that the 488 FaceLift is going to have:
    1. New interior.
    2. Redesigned front and rear, refreshed I suppose, newer look, more modern...again I suppose, otherwise why do it?
    3. The Pista engine.

Really? Am I missing something here....why on earth would you want the Pista then?

6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I'm wondering as well if exactly the same engine as Pista. Their post can be suggesting something () but not necessarily implying.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ferrari is a pita

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I guess the FL will somehow be less 'track orientated' even with the Pista engine.

Doug23 and F140C like this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Because it's only for the best customers? It's what I have been saying since they announced the 488 replacement. I am happy to buy a 488 FL if it has better features including 720hp and also has the choice of full electric daytona seats. I am not interested in getting a track focused car but I do want more hp and newer styling for a reasonable uplift.

That would be what I am interested in. I don't want a track focused car with a ton of CF.

MANDALAY and Doug23 like this.
  10. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    The word "facelift" is an understatement compared to the upcoming refreshed 488. It's going to look very different compared to Pista and 488. This might be the Ferrari to get concidered its short life span in terms of production :) Last "affordable" V8 TT folks, and it's a non-hybrid as well.
    This car is very promising, and I'm sure it looks gorgeous. Just a few more days to go!

WM458 and wrs like this.
  11. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Because it will be part of the facelift.:)

absostone likes this.
  12. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Because not everyone can get a Pista... aren't they more limited in availability / quantity than a regular series? In theory may be worth more?

All that being said, I'd rather have the 488 FL because I don't track my cars. :)

wrs and absostone like this.
  13. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Same did Lamborghini ;)
    Huracan Evo has the engin of the Huracan Performante. That it has 4 steering wheels and new interiors ;)
    Hope external FL will be strong ;)
    If so I'll place my order.

14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    It's just something Ferrari posts to keep their accounts active every day. In my opinion that's not the teaser Ferr9000 mentioned but, hopefully, that's still coming today.

boobernackle, kandi and absostone like this.
  15. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    They adopt the Porsche way: Limited 911R followed by GT3 Touring!
    The „leftovers“ had to take the Touring. The one btw having the better engine.
    488FL could as well have some advantages compared with the Pista.
    Exiting.

F2003-GA, LARRYH and SoCal to az like this.
  16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Very true post. Maybe they are following the Porsche way. Limited cars- each essentially the same but slightly different. Touring and r are essentially the same car. And if you aregue that they are not, and that there are subtle differences, well, then Porsche has done its job.

In essence, we have 488 (Carrera) followed by Pista (Gt3rs) followed by FL(Gt3) followed by replacement (992)

Not sure if it’s good or bad but it seems to be the direction ferrari is headed. Lots of cars available for everyone.

Motorwerks and italiafan like this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ya know if this FL or what ever is gonna be about a new unobtanium car im gonna be pissed. Which is what its going to be. Cant they make something for non millionaires? im not talking 100 k but something some one could reach for. Yes I know some will say it will dilute the brand, the talk has been about upping production, and all the new models by 2022 anyways, and share holders could give a crap about diluting the brand if it makes everyone money.
    Ferrari please unveil a new Dino for me today, 200k- make a bunch, make money and keep your dear millionaires Ferrari dreams undiluted.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wait two years. Tons available below msrp.

19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I probably would wait. but I would love to be in first and save it for my son when I drop dead from stress restoring my other Dino

F2003-GA, jumpinjohn and kandi like this.
  20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    You can buy stellar, essentially new examples of the 488 and F12 for not much more than $200K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA and SoCal to az like this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    im aware. I was talking about something new for that money. I think im just confused on what I would want next. im just dreaming

SoCal to az likes this.
  22. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Is there any other evidence that the new FL will have the Pista engine? I've only seen the Facebook post so far.

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    There are so many incredible choices for car enthusiasts at every price point. These are the good old days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Pita engine in the 488 replacement?...

Automoblog likes this.
  25. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Really curious to see the exterior styling of the FL

Interior from what I've picked up seems to be 812 style which IMO isn't that big of a departure from the 488 GTB, but it's alleged we are going to get some J50 elements (revised side intake/quad taillights/rear & front treatment/different style headlights?) for the exterior. That would be a bigger change and likely bigger shift away from the original 458 styling from Pininfarina

I guess we will find out later this week!